Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More Action Figures for Wal-Mart Shoppers!

Wal-Mart, in case you have not heard, is going to start selling Biblical Action figures soon in stores that have big sales of Bibles. So now your kids can have hours and hours of thrills playing with a graven image of our alleged 'Lord and Savior.' But for those times when plain old Jesus is not enough, there's Deluxe Jesus! Now with two jugs of water waiting to be turned into wine, 30 % more fish, and 15 % more loaves! He's also packing, if you know what we mean, under that robe.
The super prim and highly intellectual Jane Austen action figure had better watch out then! If Jesus gets a hold of her with his divine 'rod' and 'staff' there's no telling what ol' Jane might do!

Also new for the kids is Chuck Norris "barely in the closet" GI Joe. The gun and the knug fu grip mean he's all man but the swingin' medallion means he's all play when it counts!


For the less manly boy in your life there's the new George W. Bush/Trent Lott male cheerleader doll. This doll smashes through sexual stereotypes like a weaponized depleted uranium bomb exploding through an Iraqi home. "Rah, Rah, Rah!"

For the girls there's Skeletor,

and her sister Anorexia Disgustia! Also available is their bff action figure, Sassy Black Friend Man!

But the figures that are expected to take the toy and collecting world by storm is the Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein trio of terror figures! You can get Communist monkey,

Teddy Kennedy at the beach monkey,

or smooth and silky monkey!
Collect all three or give them to a kid and stand back as that child's face is filled with delight.

Please note that not all figures will be available at all Wal-Mart locations.

17 comments:

Johnny Yen said...

I have the Jesus Action Figure.

Have you ever seen "Waiting For Guffman?" There's a bit about a store that sells "My Dinner With Andre" action figures.

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ, what an action figure!

...hey, that's kinda cool. now you can say that without 'taking the Lord's name in vain'!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Johnny-I loved 'Waiting for Guffman' and that bit you mentioned cracks me up still when I think about it.

Commander-I'm not usre but I god damn well will try!

supergirlest said...

oh, how pleased i'am that i decided to venture over on this day to check out your blog!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! perfect. tags. too.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there were Jesus action figures. I'm gonna run right out and not buy one.

Anonymous said...

This will make Action Figure Theater much more interesting...
I've always wanted the Key Grip Star Wars action figure.
What? they made action figures of everybody!

Fran said...

I have actually seen other Jesus action figures, me being the sort of Catholic that I am. And I will admit to having purchased at least one...

However, nothing I have ever seen matches the sheer brilliance of how you've strung this action figure post together so well!

Smooth and sily monkey!Oh you!

Jess Wundrun said...

Does the Ted Kennedy at the beach monkey come with a bottle of SPF 80? Cuz it looks like he needs it!!!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Super-Nice to have you.

Rhea-Get me one too!

Duros-I'll take your word for it.

Fran-You are too kind.

Jess-You wanna rub it on him?

Evil Spock said...

Hmm, some of my fans have spilleth over to your blog.

I don't see what the big deal is about the Jesus figure. Who wants to play with Jesus anyway? I can imagine Christmas:

Billy: Oooh, did mom get me that new game for my Nintendo Wii, or perhaps they bought me that life-sized anniversary edition of Optimus Prime!

Mom: Billy, you should temper your expectations. Remember the reason for the season.

Billy tears open package to see Jesus doll.

Billy: What the fuck is this piece of shit?!? I'm so blowing this up with some M-80's.

pissed off patricia said...

They made a cheney action figure, but pulled it from the shelf when it began shooting all the other action figures in the face.

Anonymous said...

I think I'll get a few of these action figures to put aside for punishment purposes. A ruined holiday seems an appropriate punishment for the Spawn.

Any chance I can get my hands on a Robert Novak?

GETkristiLOVE said...

I have a male nurse action figure I got from stupid.com.

Enough said.

PJ said...

There's also a God action figure, complete with benevolent white beard. I guess it was based on God's appearance in The Simpsons...

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Evil Spock-What a horried Xmas that would be indeed.

Pissed-Touche!

D Cup-It depends on what part of Novak you want your hands on.

GetK-Okay then.

PJ-I found God once. He was in my sock drawer banging Shiva.

joshhill1021 said...

I have seen Jesus action figures befroe but they were always at Urban outfitters and seemed like more of a joke than serious, I guess Christian children need a new toy or something. Seems right in our consumerist society and for Wally world perfect.

Oh and I blogrolled you, sorry thought it was already done.

Anonymous said...

I noticed that a "Priest Doll" was strangely absent from the One2believe collection.

What kid wouldn't want to play "Hide the Crucifix" with father Joe?