- You're a wealthy white person who dabbles in dangerous espionage related activities.
- You went to Cambridge or Oxford.
- If you went to Cambridge, you automatically think any one who went to Oxford is suspect, and vice versa.
- You're able to drink prodigious amounts of liquor and still drive, carry on sensitive spy work, and have sex.
- You have every style of rain coat known to man.
- You drive British made autos out of a misguided sense of patriotism.
- You reluctantly carry a sidearm but you've never fired it.
- You like to repeat yourself over and over.
- You speak several languages fluently and you're able to bluff your way through the rest, even dead languages.
- Your marriage is crumbling because your wife is sleeping with the mole in your spy agency you've been hunting for years.
- Everyone who ever lived in Moscow is either out to kill you or give you information which may or may not be accurate.
- You like to drink on the job.
- You see the world in various shades of gray.
- You like to repeat yourself over and over.
- Your overcoat smells like gin and piss.
- Your friends aren't your friends.
- Your memory is faulty but in the end you figure out who is trying to kill you and why.
- No one appreciates all the hard work you do keeping the Soviet spies at bay.
- Pretty white women want to bed you as well as kill you.
- You rarely eat.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Monday, April 21, 2014
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Friday, April 18, 2014
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Monday, April 14, 2014
Somehow, I doubt he'll get off his lazy lying ass and go.
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Sibling Day, yeah.
I have one sibling left. We never got along and when there was reconciliation it was always due to me. The last time I tried to reconcile with him he told me he wanted to travel, I told him to travel south, he lives in Michigan, to see me and I'd show him some sights and we'd catch up. He said he wanted to travel to Europe and Africa and he did, after embezzling tens of thousands of dollars from his last employer. He never did come to see me but he did see the inside of a jail cell after he got back from his international travels. The police took him away in handcuffs when he got back to the USA. So he'd rather commit felonies, steal tens of thousands of dollars, and do prison time than see or spend time with me.
And that in a nutshell is why I don't get along with my only living sibling, he's a douchebag, a felony committing douchebag.
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Friday, April 11, 2014
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Monday, April 7, 2014
People think that because things are the way they are now they've always been this way and that's the way things ought to be done forever. But that's not true, especially when it comes to the disaster capitalism they've inflicted on us ever since the Reagan years.
Things can be different. Capitalism doesn't need need to be predatory. Here's two examples of modern capitalism that show us a better way:
- Newman's Own. Every penny of profit that Newman's Own products generate goes to charity, not to the pockets of investment bankers or Wall Street douchebags. They've given away millions of dollars to charities. MILLIONS. And you know what, people still buy their products knowing that all the profits from them will be given away. I buy their salad dressing, their pasta sauces, their cookies, and other of their products as well. I buy them even though most of the time they are higher priced than comparable products made by for profit companies. I buy them because I want the profits from my purchase to be used to help others, not to enrich entitled white people.
- Rick Steves. Mr. Steves is a travel writer and tour operator. He produces a TV for PBS about his travels in Europe and gives those shows to PBS AT NO CHARGE. He's said time and again that he makes enough money off the sale of his travel guides and tours that he operates to be able to give those shows away. He doesn't need to make more money off his work, so he gives those shows to PBS stations to run free of any fees which means they can run them when and how ever many times they like. Yes, in a sense it's free advertising for Mr. Steves business but that's beside the point. The point is he's secure enough in his business model and business life to be able to give away free product that benefits a lot of people, especially the mom and pop owned businesses that he features in his travel shows.
Saturday, April 5, 2014
Live professional wrestling.
You know it's fake, everyone else over the age of eight in the audience knows it's fake, but it's so much fun and such a spectacle, even the bottom of the ladder local matches I saw last night, you get hooked and you can't help but whoop and holler.
I highly recommend going to see some live professional wrestling. It's a piece of genuine Americana that you'll really love if you stop being such a snob and give yourself over to it. It's in the same category as roller derby, once you go, you'll love it.
Thursday, April 3, 2014
The Pope said that marriage between a man and a woman shows us the 'face of God,' meaning that same sex marriage does not and a nun told a high school class that masturbation makes you gay. Anyone who believes the kind of nonsense these idiotic Christians spew deserves to be beaten with the simpleton stick. Remember these are the same people who told us:
- the earth was the center of of the solar system
- the sun revolves around the earth
- slavery was fine because it's mentioned positively in their bible
- autopsies are bad because their god won't reanimate sliced up bodies on Judgment day
- forks, coffee, vaccinations, and lefthandness are evil and tools of the devil
- child labor is a good thing
- science is a lie designed by the devil to lead people astray
- racial discrimination is a good thing
- marriage equality is bad.