Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Letters to White Castle or How do you spell-i-fy futility?


Recently we here at Monkey Muck HQ signed an online petition to get King Georgie who lives in the White Castle to do something to help the people of Darfur. We knew it was a waste of time since he ignores what the people (and us monkeys) want, but we did it anyway just so the idiot would know where we stood.
Well tonight we got another email from the group trying to help the people of Darfur asking us to sign another petition and this one would go straight to the White Castle. We had our doubts. But lo and behold after we clicked the sign button, we got a little email missive from the address whitehouse.gov and here is what they said in their email: On behalf of President Bush, thank you for your correspondence.
We appreciate hearing your views and welcome your suggestions. Due to the large volume of e-mail received, the White House cannot respond to every message. Thank you again for taking the time to write.
We were shocked I tell ya, shocked that we actually got an email from the White Castle. Seizing our chance we fired off this reply: Respond to this message then, get this country the hell out of Iraq. And then you Mr. Bush need to resign.
We know, we know, if we were not on a watch list before, we sure as hell are now. We just hope that we can get bananas in Gitmo.

4 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

Holy crap! So the online petition was just a White Hose public relations ploy?

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i got the same reply, get almost the same wording(except for name) from spector each time i e-mail a petition to him.

Anonymous said...

At least we let the bastards know where we stand Sherry. Good work hon, and keep those petitions going.

Anonymous said...

LOL I did the same thing, so the White House was in my address book. Then I got a new email program for my business... I thought I was importing addresses for my "newsletter" but actually imported the whole damn thing.. so the President, the Vice President, our Governor.. along with all of my kids teachers... got a newsletter about Happy Monkey Panties for Peace - photos and all.

I was at first embarassed, then I thought "why in the world should I be embarrased? He is the one that took us into an illegal war!"