Friday, August 31, 2007

One more day!

It's Friday! And it's not just any Friday, it's the last Friday before we leave for the beach in the morning! Yay! Yay beach! Yay vacation!

I'm gonna be honest with you kids, I really don't need a vacation but my girlfriend does. And if we don't go tomorrow she may kill me. Sure, she'd feel bad about offing me and she'd get pissed because she'd have to learn how to use all the complicated remotes but she'd do me in in a heartbeat if she did not get a break from her work. While our last get away was not very relaxing for her, this one should be.

For starters we rented a condo at the beach from a nice woman who we've rented through before so we know the place will be nice. And even though we're taking the gf's parents with us, and her sister as well, they all like the beach and we all get along great together. Well except for her mother has a habit of trying to remain the queen bee in the kitchen even if someone else is cooking. I have to shoo her out repeatedly when I cook but if that's the only problem I have all week next week then I'll be doing peachy. We're taking her folks because they like going to the beach, her dad loves to surf fish, but they are getting on up there in age and they don't want to chance a long drive by themselves anymore. Her sister is going with us because she likes the beach as well and she volunteered to drive the folks in their Jeep Cherokee so that means we can drive the gfmobile, the ScionXA. All of us went to the beach last year at this time of year and we all had a great time together, especially me and her sister because she and I both caught the biggest fish we had ever caught in our lives, they were both four/five pound sheepshead fish. I'll miss blogging for the week but we all have to make sacrifices to keep our significant others happy some times. I know the world may go to down the toilet with Bush running our country into the ground (holy shit did I just mix metaphors?) but I trust all of you to write your usual sparklingly good posts about politics and life and I'll read them when I get back. I do love going to the ocean and I look forward to bobbing in the waves, getting sand all over my feet and in most every body cavity I have, sitting on the beach and reading books as the tide goes in and out, and I love long walks down the beach. Wow, I just read that last sentence aloud and I sound like a Playboy Playmate. I'll be taking the digital camera so I'll be taking lots of pics too and some will end up here of course, no matter how much you may not want to see them.

Oh and I won't be the only blogger Presidential candidate taking a break this week. Dr Smith is attending the NAMBLA convention in Climax, Georgia. Jon the intergalactic space pony will be hanging out in the Crab Nebula. Phydeaux will be cowering under his trailer while the hounds from the North Carolina State Troopers office sniff around his compound for weed and peyote buttons. Sleestax will be working double shifts at the Orange Julius in Hell, Michigan while he plots to spread more lies about me. And Dr. Zaius will be doing what he loves best, lobotomizing marginally talented B list celebs.

Ah well, at least I'll be having fun in the sun with the people I like best.

8 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

Have a great vacation! Wear plenty of sunscreen! Remember, Al Gore has caused plenty of global warming this year.

Whiskeymarie said...

Nice speedo.
And yes, wear sunscreen. You're gonna need it with that tiny, tiny swimsuit.

kelsi said...

fancy! have fun! bring us back some fish! or something.

dguzman said...

have fun, Dr Monkey! Can't wait to see your pics, though I will say that your figure seems to have gone a little south since you took that pic up at the top of your blog.... just sayin'.

NotSoccer Mom said...

have fun! i'm jealous. would love to spend a week at the beach!

SamuraiFrog said...

Have a great vacation, man. Get some relaxation in for me!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

We'll miss your purdy little face, but we totally understand that you have a lot of shrimp eating to accomplish in a short time. Good wrestling control of the kitchen from the mil.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Dr. Z-That Al Gore, he's a crafty one.

Whiskey-I use a spf 150 sunscreen, it turns me whiter than I was before.

Kelsi-Will do!

DGuzman-Thanks for the well wishes. My pics will be Pulitzer material!

Notsoccermom-Oh yeah? You just went to the beach you big cry baby!
:)

Samurai-Can and will do my brother.

Barbra-Awww, you like me, you really like me!