Monday, August 20, 2007

The honors keep rolling in

The lovely and talented Fran of Franiam awarded me one of these. As I have said before I love getting these awards from fellow bloggers because it means that people are not only reading my stuff, they are responding to it. I feel like Fran is my little sister because she started her blog after mine and I was one of the first few bloggers she blog rolled, well Princess Sparkle Pony and Matty Boy were the first but why quibble when it's my feckin' blog. Fran and I have different views of religion but we agree almost 100 % when it comes to politics. Thanks so much Fran for the honor.

I in turn am supposed to award this now to five other bloggers. My choices are:

1) My brother from another mother Samurai Frog. He's not as political as most but when he writes about politics I think he's dead on. He's also the most provocative pop culture observer and reporter ever.

2) Johnny Yen may not write as much about politics and history as he used to but when he does it's a thing of beauty.

3) I think Pam at Musings of Working Mom and I were either related to one another in a past life or we were the same person. I love her take on the dirty deeds going on in DC and in the Middle East.

4) I just started reading Hill Country Gal, I have a prejudice against Texans that I am working through so no wonder I'm late to her anti Bush party. The woman is by turns mean, funny, and dazzling.

5) Angry Ballerina may not think she is a political writer but she in fact is one. All politics are local and the personal is political, as they say. No one writes better rants about addiction, body image, and life in general than the Peeved Terpsichorean girl. She's got a wisdom way beyond her years.

8 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

Congratulations!
I'm knitting you a crown as we speak...

Fran said...

My blog brother you are! Yes, when I was just a little whiny kid 3 months ago, big brother Monk-ster lent many a helping hand, I mean paw! And that hasn't changed one bit!!

God-schmod - check out
my own little mockery of my own kind!

Tee hee!

Missy said...

I am very proud of you and all of your blog friends.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Whiskey-Thanks!

Fran-You crazy kid, thanks again.

Missy-I'm proud of them too.

SamuraiFrog said...

Congratulations! You totally deserve it. And thank you for awarding me, as well. I like to write about politics, but sometimes I just get so FUCKING PISSED! AND THEN THE PAIN STARTS! And... well, you get the idea. I'll try to live up to this.

Freida Bee said...

Why, we Texans are sweet as those pickled eggs and cupcakes you're serving for breakfast.

Angry Ballerina said...

Hey! Thanks!!!! Much!!!

Johnny Yen said...

Hey, it's only this week! This new job and all the other changes have been kicking my ass! I promise I'll be my old overly-political self soon! Thanks for the award!