Give them a majority in Congress and Republican proceed to get downright stupid. Cases in point:
- A freshman US Senator in NC thinks that restaurant employees shouldn't have to wash their hands and that laws that say they do are intrusive regulation.
- A morbidly obese bully, the governor of New Jersey, thinks that parents should have the right to not vaccinate their kids.
- The freshman US Senator from KY says that vaccines can cause serious health problems and therefore parents should not vaccinate their kids if they don't want to.
- Future political footnote black conservative Ben Carson thinks all those illegal alien Mexican kids are causing the measles outbreak, when in fact it's been shown conclusively that it's being caused by white kids from rich families in California.
- And of course Gomer Huckabee, the man who's son stoned and then hung a dog until it was dead and who tried to board an airplane with a loaded handgun, thinks Obama is a bad parent because he lets his daughters listen to Beyonce. Oh, he also thinks that Christians shouldn't dance as well.