Friday, April 22, 2011

Trolling for right wing Jesus

I had a right wing Christian troll for a day or two this week. He took offense that I didn't believe in his fairy tale religion and that I didn't subscribe to the 'fuck the poor' economic model they love so much. He lectured me about 'liberal economics' and how atheists are selfish and how only Christians are good.

His main tactic was to tell me to stop my ranting and look at the facts. Then when I showed him facts to back up my points, he said those weren't the real facts. Apparently, only right wing supply side Jesus worshipers own the facts.

I had to ban him because he was in violation of my comment policy. His main violation was leaving too many comments on one post. His next violation was he was arguing with other commenters. And his third violation was his proselytizing. Disagreement with me is fine, just don't be a dick about it, don't try to convert me, don't be a dick to my other commenters, and don't leave more than one disagreement comment on a single post.

Freedom of speech means you can say what you like, it doesn't mean I have to listen to it and or give you a platform on my blog to spout your religious and or political views. You can say what you like any where you like and I can choose to ignore you any time I like.

5 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Yup. Your blog, your rules, your freedom here. And I just hate when religious people are so hard up about convincing you that you are WRONG. Shut up! Believe your own thing and leave everyone else alone.

jadedj said...

Yep, your blog. I have no qualms about hitting that delete key, or banning whomever I so please from my blog. I have lived long enough that I don't have to listen to bullshit any longer.

Anonymous said...

I am deeply freaked out by the widespread fundamental failure of US citizens to understand what "freedom of speech" means. And yet in TN our big worry is teachers gaying up our kindergardeners. Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuu...

Ricky Shambles said...

Anton Levay, founder of the Church of Satan, called himself "Ayn Rand, with ritual." Yet Ayn Rand authored Atlas Shrugged, newly raised up on the shoulders of the Right by the release of a horribly-lauded pt.1 of the movie. How does the ultra-right reconcile super-greed with sanctity?

*head explodes*

gmb said...

Freedom of speech means freedom from government interference with speech. You are not the man (evil man), and you pay to blog, so fuck it. Let him get his own fucking blog.