Monday, February 28, 2011

Life lessons for idiots

I had an idiot on Facebook tell me our demonstration in support of teachers, unions, and working people was 'slacktivist crap.' He told me he preferred direct action to 'slacktivism.'

I pointed out that pretending to fight child abuse by changing ones Facebook profile picture to a cartoon character from your childhood was an example of slacktivism. And that taking to the streets to show support for unions and working people was an example of direct action in action.

He didn't appreciate me educating him on the difference between direct action and slacktivism, so he called me a fat coward and said he wished I would die. Young people, some of them are just too ungrateful to be believed.

5 comments:

Ubermilf said...

I think he needs a dictionary or a thesaurus or something. He doesn't seem to understand the words he uses.

Mnmom said...

What could be more direct-action oriented than taking to the streets?

"Slacktivism" is critiquing, via Facebook, other people's direct actions.

McGriddle Pants said...

I wish I could actively slap people on facebook.

bobby sneakers said...

we do what we can when we can with what we have.

dguzman said...

What an idiot.