Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not super, superior

My friend Sparkleneely, the high priestess of retro cool, gave me an award!We became Flickr friends first, then when I found out she wrote a blog I liked her even more. And now to top things off we have completed the trifecta and we're also friends on Facebook. Yay! She seems to like the crap I come up with here and who am I to tell her she's wrong? After all she's a super cool, super cute, super fun chick, so she knows what the heck she's talking about.


The good thing about this award is I get to keep mine and I get to give it away to five people who think deserve it. The following folks are superior in my book:

1) Vikkitikkitavi-I love everyone on my blog roll but none of you can hold a candle to Vikkitikkitavi when it comes to writing, not even me. She's witty, smart, bitter at times, and always the best every time. I am in serious awe of her talent. And if I may be the sexist pig for a moment, she's pretty damn hot too.

2) CDP-How I love CDP and her intelligently witty blog. Sure, she's got three guys in her house who give her lots of inspiration to write but they don't write it for her, she does and I'm ever so glad she does.

3) Kirby-Ahhhh, Kirby. She's funny at times, she's cranky at others. Hmmmm, she reminds me of someone I know and his initials are Dr. Monkey. I love who she packs so much into such short posts. And I am sooooooooo looking forward to reading her take on her son's advancement in to adolescence.

4) Whiskeymarie-One of the first posts I ever read of Whiskey's she was wearing a wet tank top with a illustration of a monkey on it. When I stopped staring at her picture and I read the text that accompanied it, I knew I had found a blog superstar. I've been her fan since the day my friend Sean in New Orleans hipped me to her and if you read her, you'll love her as much as I do.

5) XUP-I wouldn't be me if I did throw some blog love to a babe from north of the border and this time XUP (eX Urban Pedestrian) gets all my blog love. She writes a great blog that's funny, smart, and quite the slice of her life. In fact, blogs like hers are why Al Gore invented this series of tubes we call the internet.

My fez if off to all the superior ladies I listed here.

Thanks again for the award Sparkleneely, I'm glad you're my friend and I salute your great taste in blogs, Flickr, and Facebook friends!

6 comments:

Sparkleneely said...

Cheers to you, Monkey! And looking forward to reading your favorite "blogs of note." xoxo

vikkitikkitavi said...

Believe me, you may always comment on my hotness with no fear of the "sexist pig" label.

Whiskeymarie said...

This award is awesome, especially considering my sporadic posting lately. I'm glad that me and my wet tank top met you, my dear.
Thanks!

Claire said...

Thank you sir! I still have that intermittent comment problem here, which is why you don't hear from me often, but I'm glad Blogger's letting me comment on this one so I can thank you properly!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, it isn't often I find myself in such fine company. I'm honored.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I don’t know what to say. I’m touched, I really am and I shall endeavor to pass the love along to some other deserving bloggers