Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This just in...

...the number one consumer of strapless gowns, fiddles, and harps is the singing group known as Celtic Woman.If not for these pasty Irish women then thousands of dress makers would go out of business, as would all those people who write music and lyrics for these Enya wannabes.
I actually don't have an axe to grind with these women, it's more with the PBS stations in my area who are running their Christmas concert TV show incessantly.

Seriously, channels 2 and 7, if I hear one more "hey nonny nonny" from those women I'll disable your transmitter. You think I'm not serious? Try me, my trip to destroy your transmitter will be 'The Greatest Journey' of all.

It's times like these I wish Mojo Nixon had a PBS Christmas special out.

12 comments:

Snad said...

Ah, another opportunity to smugly lord over you my lack of interest in TV in general, Monkey.

I do love the fact that the harpist's dress was designed with a matching pocket for her wireless microphone. How "World of Tomorrow" is that?

Devilham said...

And if you ain't got Mojo Nixon, then your store could use some FIXIN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Punk Rock Girl, by the Dead Milkmen, man they were a hoot)

Elizabeth said...

Me too.

These women are fine in small doses, but that's about all I can handle.

Angry Ballerina said...

I want them to start jumping up and down.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

How do they keep their girls in check in those dresses? I have never understood this. Perhaps this is why I have never won a best-dressed award.

Mnmom said...

I'm sorry, but that group is lame with a capital L, except the fiddler. She should go find a better group. And what's with the pastel prom dresses?? I'm sick of them already.

mwb said...

I agree about listening to them. No, no, no!

Just plain bad PBSized version of Celtic music. Stay far away!

Gifted Typist said...

I once saw the Medieval Babes - same as these only English - live in concert, opening for someone, can't remember. I swear two at the back were practicing frottage on stage

S.M. Elliott said...

You've given me an idea for a retail shop. Gowns, Fiddles, and Harps. Or maybe Gowns, Harps, and Fiddles?

Fiddle With Gowns and Harps?

Never mind.

Tengrain said...

I have always, Always, ALWAYS wanted a Mojo Nixon Holiday Special.

Regards,

Tengrain

pissed off patricia said...

Not to worry, if these ladies fall flat, the US govt will bailout all the harp and gown makers.

Ubermilf said...

They are on CONSTANTLY on my PBS because they're fundraising right now (give us money or we'll run these ladies 24/7 until you do?)

I never bothered to actually watch or listen to them, but I did last night because of this post.

As a woman of Celtic descent, I am appalled. They are a tribe of female Yannis.

Although I do applaud their clever re-use of bridesmaid dresses.