Sunday, April 20, 2008

6 more things about me

The random things about yourself meme is going around again and this time instead of telling 7 random things about yourself, this time you tell only 6.  My blog buds Angry Ballerina and Wandering Coyote both tagged me this time around so here we go:

1)  I quit smoking marijuana and cigarettes, though not at the same time, by going cold turkey.  

2)  I've done LSD about 6 times, the last time I did it was in the late 1980's.  It didn't fuck me up or anything but I could tell I was a slightly different person after each time I took it, so I stopped doing it. 

3)  I didn't get my drivers licence until I was in my mid 20's.

4)  I had my appendix out when I was 14 and when I woke up after the operation I had trouble peeing.  I looked down and I saw something sticking out "down there," it turned out to be a catheter.  Since it didn't belong there and since it hurt to pee through it I pulled it out and threw it on the floor.  I  later told the nurse that it "fell out."

5)  My mother could not cook worth a damn and when I was a little boy I would sit for hours reading the Detroit Yellow Pages restaurant ads and I'd fantasize about all the different foods that they were cooking in those places.

6)  I have cousins in Michigan, California, and Illinois that I have never met.  By the same token I have distant cousins here in TN that I wish I had never met.

No tags but if you feel like doing this one, then go right ahead.

6 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Gawd, you're funny! #4 is hysterical! I had my appendix out when I was 7. I didn't have a catheter, though. Also, #5 is great: I can just picture this little kid with the yellow pages open on his lap, off in la-la land.

Missy said...

#5! Oh no! Did she cook anything particularly bad that still warms your heart?

Joe said...

Nice segue from the weed and LSD to the yanking the catheter out story. Yeeooow. I was so shaken I almost missed the next part about fantasizing about restaurant ads.

Johnny Yen said...

I'll have to post some time about the last time I did "Vitamin A." There was a rare cosmic event and I thought it was the chemicals.

Whiskeymarie said...

#5 makes me sad. I wish my Mom could have cooked for you.
;)

dguzman said...

I love you, you monkey you!