Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm proud to say I know a Winter Soldier

While I'm proud and glad that former soldiers who served in the fiasco that we know as the war of terror on Iraq and Afghanistan are speaking out, I'm even prouder to say that I know Jason Hurd, the soldier featured in these videos. I met Jason one morning on a trip to meet with my local douchebag war mongering Congressman. We went to my Congressman's office to ask him to stop supporting the war, the trip was organized by my friend Snad and Rev. Shuck and a couple from his church joined us as well.


Jason also joined us in our march against the war last September and he has, as you can see, not stopped speaking out. Let's all keep speaking out and demanding that we get the hell out of Iraq and Afghanistan and that this country puts an end to war as an instrument of foreign policy.

5 comments:

John Shuck said...

Jason is the best--one intelligent guy.

Mel said...

My fiance was both in Afghanistan and Irak, not because of conviction but because he needed the work.
Good thing he's now here with me, it's a senseless and stupid 'war', and there's a lot of people that should be heard.
Great post.

Westcoast Walker said...

Your friend sounds like a real stand up guy. Anyone that can take their experience from being part of the war machine and transform that into something positive has my most profound respect!

barbie2be said...

i went to an anti-war protest last night. this was my first time, but most definitely not my last.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

John-I agree, he's an asset to our area.

Mel-Thanks. And I am glad your fiancee is home now.

Westcoast-He's a real stand up dude and the chicks dig him too.

Barbie-Good for you. I'm going to another one on Saturday.