Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Let's have a contest!

It turns out that in the postcard packs I bought the other day there were three that had not been used. So I thought I'd send one each to three different readers. If you are chosen then I'll write something Zen-ish on the back and send it to you via snail mail. Now, the question is, how do I decide which people to send them to? Well kids, if you want one send me an email to monkeymuck AT gmail DOT com and tell me why you should get one. You can give me any reason you like, be it funny or serious, and my staff* and I will pick out the three reasons we like the best. Your address will not be sold or given to anyone else, although you may end up on my War on Christmas card list next year. I'll give you all a week and then we'll name the winners. This offer is even open to my international readers as well because honestly, how expensive could it be to send a freakin' postcard over seas or across the border to Canada.

Good luck everyone and get those entries in today!

*Staff may or may not include myself, Sparky, Granny T, Salamander Slim, Ravi the wonder toad, Billy Joe Bob Kowolski, The Lizard King, Mandy You Came And You Gave Without Taking, Prince Bandar, Slappy Weiss, the ghost of Nipsy Russell, former Boston Red Sox pticher Luis Tiant, Tootie, Natalie, Stacy Dash, Mrs. Dash, Dash Rip Rock, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Patty Hearst, Patty Cake, Patty Oh, Sandra Oh, Sandra Dee, Billy Dee Williams, Will I. Am, Bossy's Daughter, Bossy, and or Charo.

8 comments:

Snad said...

I'm not asking you to send me one, but Oh! I just had to tell you that I've been on the Gunflint Trail many a time, and it is well worth sending postcards from!

Ed said...

At this point in my life, I'm trying to reduce material possesions, so I will refrain from entering your contest, tempting though it may be. But I've actually been to the Gunflint Trail. Many times. When I was a youth, I used to go to the Boundary Waters every year with the youth group of the church my parents forced me to attend. It's a very special place and it was fun to see this postcard in your collection.

Mnmom said...

I was about to plead for the lovely downtown photo of the Chevy Nova but then I thought, what will I DO with it?

Missy said...

I have been to the Gunflint Trail too. They actually had two huge fires up there this year...one last month! Can you imagine! Fire and ice! I would give the postcard to my good friend Elise who dreams of working for the parks service, but is having trouble breaking into the bureaucracy despite years of volunteering and schooling. Once she was a rabid park ranger for Halloween. She had some stuffed animals sewn on her body and used alka seltzer to create the foaming at the mouth! I cannot give her a job for that obvious passion and dedication, but I can give her this card with your help!!!

Whiskeymarie said...

A few reasons:
1) I send random postcards to bloggers on a regular basis and love having the love returned
2) I've been on the Gunflint Trail
3) I will create a photo of yours truly around the "theme" of the card.

But if I don't win that's o.k. too. i just love the thrill of the competition.

dguzman said...

I may not be tall enough to ride this ride.

GETkristiLOVE said...

I always aim to please Dr. Monkey's staff.

Ed said...

It's quite amazing to see how many of your readers have actually been to the Gunflint Trail! What does it mean? Go to the Gunflint Trail and you support the terrorists? Your readers are übercool? That must be it.