Thursday, January 24, 2008

Question a day

Today's question comes to me from one of my good blog friends who just happens to be one of my favourite Canadians ever, Barbara. Barb wants to know: "Would you rather be twice your height or half your height?"Excellent question Barbara.

Since I am around 5'9" twice my height would put me around 12 feet tall. Life at that height would be hell. I'd be stooping all the time and hitting my head on shit and since I'm too old to play in the NBA, I hate hate hate pro basketball by the way, I probably could not cash in on my freakish tallness. I guess I could join a freak show if I was that tall but that would mean I'd have to hang out with the Bearded Lady, Pig Boy, some weirdo with piercings all over every part of his body, and some god damned clowns. Ick. No thanks.

On the other hand since I currently weigh around 223, yeah shut up I know I need to drop some pounds, so do you I bet, go look in the mirror Mr. or Ms. Fatty McButter Britches and you'll see you need to drop some too, I have to go with half my weight. I could feasibly pull off weighing 111 pounds at my height, yes, I'd get a lot of stares and people would assume I was anorexic or some kind method actor getting ready to do a role in Bent. But weighing that little might have it's advantages as well, for instance I'd be able to wear all those Gap brand jeans and Old Navy khaki pants that are hanging in my closet that no longer fit me and I'd finally have the body to go with my starving artist attitude.

But really, I'm pretty comfortable with who I am and the way my body is. Yes, I need to drop about 30 pounds but all in all, I'll take what I got and work with it.

Thanks for sending in a question Barb!

I still need a couple more questions to finish out this month of queries. Send your questions to me at monkeymuck(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll answer one a day until the end of the month.

8 comments:

pissed off patricia said...

Hey you and I are almost the same height. As for weight, well lets just say that I'm about half of you. ;)

Mnmom said...

But then we could put YOU in a duffel bag too and do some awesome traveling at HALF the price!

Ubermilf said...

I hear eating NECCO wafers makes you throw up, so if you want to get down to an unhealthy weight, NECCO wafers are the way to go.

Synthaetica said...

Necco's only made me puke when i accidently mixed a clove one with a chocolate one. that's simply an unholy mix of flavors that should never be made possible.

dguzman said...

Ubermilf is sooooo right. You can't trust those "flavors" ("clove"? Please. That's for cigarettes and hams.).

I too could stand to lose 30 lbs. And I'm trying! Good luck to you Monkey! But don't stop cooking those great recipes you do.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Nice way to skirt around a straight forward question, Dr M! Why you never went into politics, I will never understand. You are a natural.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

PoP-You may be half my wieght but you're twice the woman I'll ever be.

mnmom-I'm ready whenever you are.

UberMILF and Commander-Necco is the way to go,stop fighting it.

Dguzman-No danger of me stopping cooking now.

Barb-Skirt? I answered the question dear, or did you just skim my writing again?

Mnmom said...

I love Neccos