I'm in a charitable mood, this being the holidays and all, so I figured I'd use my blog for good this time instead of evil and I'll explain the difference between Abe Lincoln and George W. Bush to Mr. Beck and all the rest of his minions.
- Abe Lincoln gave his life for this country.
- Abe sought to keep our union together.
- Abe freed the slaves.
- Abe governed this nation in the interest of all the people not just a select few.
- Abe surrounded himself with people who disagreed with him so he could see all sides of an issue.
- Abe has two memorials to him, one in Washington DC that is a magnet for freedom loving people the world over and the other in South Dakota.
- George Bush refused to fight for his country when he had the chance to as a young man. He used his father's influence to get him into a cushy deployment with the Texas National Guard. And he didn't even finish that commitment.
- Bush took this nation to war over nothing and he used faulty intelligence to justify it.
- Bush has governed this nation with the interests of the white ruling elites in mind. He has shown himself time and time again to be on the side against the poor, the working class, and the middle class.
- Bush has placed himself above the law with his many "signing statements." In a nation that is governed by laws our President has exempted himself, wrongfully so, from many of them.
- Bush has refused to listen to voices of dissent from within his own administration, from the heartland of this country, and from the world in general. He refuses to speak in front of crowds that are not pre-screened and determined to be loyal to him.
- Bush has cut taxes for the wealthiest people in this country while rolling back services and programs that help the biggest majority.
- Through his war of terror on the people of Iraq and Afghanistan he has succeeded in creating more terrorists and causing our once staunch allies to hate and shun us.
- Bush has, through his refusal to sign the Kyoto accords and to do anything substantive about climate change, condemned millions of people to death and disease.
- Bush seeks to enslave millions of us to the multinational corporations and to the credit card companies.
- There will never be a memorial statue tribute to George W. Bush, or to his weak kneed milk toast of a father for that matter, because memorial statues are never built to commemorate colossal failures.
Mr. Beck, I hope that clears things up a bit for you on the difference between Lincoln and that thug who currently occupies the office of Commander in Chief.