Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Proud of the right things

For the 3.5 of you who do not know what water-boarding is, here's a handy guide:

Notice how in the handy guide that it says that the origin of water-boarding began during the Spanish Inquisition, a high point in this planet's religious life to be sure. Communists in the USSR, China, North Korea, East Germany, Vietnam, were just a few of the groups who used this torture technique. And our government here in the USA has used it time and time again, even though it's against international law to do so. The civil and human rights hating thugs in the Bush junta get around the law by saying that the people who we water-board are terrorists who are not attached to any country so the international laws that govern torture don't apply to them. Which of course if bull shit.
I'd like you to meet this nice looking young man. His name is Deroy Murdock and he is a conservative writer. One of the media entities he writes for is the National Review, which for those of you who do not know is a conservative magazine that was founded by William Buckley, who in the interest of full disclosure I have met and have been photographed with. In this column for the National Review Mr. Murdock says that water-boarding is not so bad because no one he knows of has ever died from being water-boarded and that it has gotten us plenty of "great" intelligence that we've used against the terrorists. He goes on to say that Americans should be proud that our troops and our CIA are water-boarding.


I find this odd coming from a man who probably has people in his family who were shot with water cannons during the civil rights era and who were probably shot at with real live bullets so he could go to whatever Ivy League school he went to in peace. It strikes me as funny that he would be proud of something so awful as water-boarding when he should proud of the right things like all the work people like Martin Luther King did to make this country a better place for him. He should be proud of the work of Bobby Kennedy and LBJ in ending segregation in schools and in ending voter discrimination.

I'd be willing to bet that if Mr. Murdock ever gets water-boarded he'll do a 180 and he'll claim that water-boarding is the worst thing in the world one human being can do to another. I'd be willing to bet that after he almost drowns from the water that gets forced down his lungs during his water-boarding session that he uses every spare minute of his days to outlaw water-boarding.



When someone gets water-boarded they will admit to anything. The "intelligence" we get from water-boarded prisoners is useless, just like the intelligence they used to justify going to war with Iraq in the first place. You know what? If I was water-boarded I'd admit to anything they wanted me to. I'd admit that I was the head of Al Qaeda, that I raped Jenna and Not Jenna, that I caused all cancer in the world, that Anne Frank is in the attic. But you know what? If they feel like water-boarding is not so bad and that we should be proud of it, then let's water-board the following people and see how they like it:
I say we water-board the new Attorney General and then ask him it what just happened to him was torture. then we grab the Chickenhawk in Chief and we water-board him and then we ask him if he made up all that shit about Saddam having nukes.
Then we continue on in our march of water-boarding and we give it to these guys. Wolfie for being a comb licking liar, Rummy for telling the people in the military that it's okay to torture, Cheney because this war was largely his doing, and Commissioner Gordon for leaving Gotham City.Then we grab these two and water-board them. Colin gets it for giving that lie laced speech at the UN that helped bring us closer to war with Iraq and Condi gets it for being a worse diplomat than John Bolton ever was.

Then we grab Paula Deen and water-board her for making the rest of us Southerners look like we love all our food dipped in lard and then deep fried and for shilling for one of the worst companies on earth, Smithfield Meats. And speaking of meat, I say we water-board this meatloaf because it looks like it could be a meatloaf of mass destruction.




There is no way in hell I'm ever going to be proud that my government sanctions water-boarding. And Uncle Tom Deroy Murdock is living in a dream world if he thinks any American in their right mind agrees with him.

15 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

I watched Paula Deen make bread pudding out of Krispy Kremes once.

I guess deep fried dough wasn't enough for her- she had to dip it in butter and swoosh it through heavy cream and eggs before topping it with caramel sauce and whipped cream.

Holy crap.
That doesn't even sound good to me.
Ick.

Karen said...

You can be guaranteed that if more American soldiers were being captured and tortured (sorry - "questioned" or whatever the official word is now), the US govern't would have a completely different attitude. This story made me sick.

Randal Graves said...

Preach on, Dr. Monkey.

It's fucking mind-boggling, disturbing, pick an adjective, that we've gotten to the point where we even have to point out how fucking wrong this is. It should be so completely obvious.

If you don't breath and drink water, you will die.

Torture doesn't work and is evil.

[third duh thing of your choice]

Fuckers.

Jenn Siva said...

I hate that this happens. I feel sick to even think of it. Sometimes I dont like reading your blog because you bring up things like this. It makes me kind of retchy.

In the end these people we torture are humans, who really knows why they do what they do. They are probably brainwashed and then tortured for it, while someone in command is getting a woody convincing people to die for his cause.

I just cant think about this anymore.

Deepti said...

Wow, what a great post. I thought water-boarding sounded a sport (and perhaps it is for some people) but I too feel a little sick now. I'm all for water-boarding people who think torture's okay...

dguzman said...

Damn good post, and yet another reason I support Monkey/Love 08.

BTW, you better get over to Splotchy's, because he's planning something devious to try to wreck the Good Ship Monkey/Love!

dguzman said...

Oh, Dr.--just did a related (inspired by your post) post on my bloggy. Linked to you--hope it's okay.

Some Guy said...

Another fine post, Dr.!

It's true. If it isn't torture as they claim, they should have absolutely no problem demonstrating that it isn't. Until then, they are liars and cowards.

Fran said...

The journey from oppressed to oppressor is frequently and sadly a very short one.

Deep sigh.

SamuraiFrog said...

I'm glad you did this post to clarify exactly what our government tolerates and in fact encourages. It makes me sick, frankly.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Whiskey-It sounds horid, like most things she makes.

Karen-I'm sorry I made you sick.

Randal-we should all be preaching about how bad it's gotten under the Bush junta.

Green-I'm sorry I bum you out, but I got to get this shit off my chest or I may explode.

Jane-I agree.


Dguz-Are you daft? You can link me all day every day. And no worries, I've got my eye on Splotchy.


Chris-Thanks for your kind words.

Fran-Sad isn't it?

Samurai-It makes me sick as well but we need to keep reminding people about what they've done to our country.

Dale said...

My pal Chancelucky wrote about the horrors of waterboarding recently too and you might enjoy his spin.

Crayons said...

Thank you for another excellent analysis. This torture question makes me so sick and so ashamed. No, I can't even really put words on my attitude.

Your arguement that all of those people must submit to water-boarding is so simple and so right.

lulu said...

you know,in the BDSM community, there is a thought which a lot of people subscribe to, which is that people who are in the Dominant role should try out all of the things they intend to do to the submissive person before they do them to themselves. How in the world does Delroy Murdock know what waterboarding feels like?

Fuckers.

bubbles said...

Blogging is very educational. I thought water boarding was that sport my nephew does in Hawaii. He seems to like it, so I was confused.

Sorry, you know how I find humor at inappropriate times.

It is sickening. I can't stand to imagine President Bumblehead and what he says privately while he justifies this stuff. Sick, stupid freak.