Friday, January 11, 2013

A Monkey movie report

Somehow I've missed seeing this film for 13 years:
I finally saw it last night.  Thank jeebus.

An underemployed primary school teacher meets a super hot Italian woman in a pub and they eventually hook up.  Unbeknownst to him she's a small time crook who does mainly smash and grab armed robberies with some seedy accomplices.  She tries to leave her criminal past behind while embarking on a passionate love affair with the teacher but as usual, her past comes back to haunt their relationship.

It's a well told tale filled with good actors who do great jobs with their roles but for me, this film was all about Asia Argento.   Ms. Argento is an incredibly sexy woman.  I'm not a fan of tattoos, but on her, they look great.  In fact, I may have to build a time machine so I can go back in time to learn how to be a tattoo artist just so I can be the guy who puts that ink on her.  Her sexiness is what makes the teacher put up with some of the things she does, as well it should.  I totally understand why he'd do all the things he did just to be with her. 

I like gangster and crime films, especially ones with women who are incredibly hot, so I really liked this film.  I recommend it highly and since it's on Netflix instant, I'll be watching it again soon. 

No comments: