Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Page one of my upcoming graphic novel 'Hip Deep, Mountain High'

Click on the page to enlarge it then click again.

I'll be working more and more on my graphic novel as summer dies out and we dive into fall and winter. But don't worry my bloggy friends, I won't ever desert you. There will always be something new here every day, there just may not be as much of it as there used to be. And honestly, even though this graphic novel project is one of the hardest things I have ever attempted creatively speaking, it's also one of the most fun. I'm having a great time taking the photos, editing them, doing the layouts, and writing the dialogue and story. The whole process really really rocks.

And while I'm gushing about this thing I've been doing, let me gush about all the people who are donating their time to be in it. It's amazing to me how all the people I've cast have come together and have done such great work so far. Everybody have been great sports about doing what I've asked of them and making time to be in my project. I owe them all big time for all they've done.

6 comments:

Wings1295 said...

So far, so good, Doc! Interested to see the rest of it.

Snad said...

I'll accept payment in figs!

lisahgolden said...

This is ever so cool. I can't wait to see the finished project. Boycott over.

Ricky Shambles said...

Fantastic first page, sir!

I finished a 125 page script for a graphic novel a couple years ago. Still seeking an illustrator knowing the amount of work I did writing it is about 1/10 the work they will do drawing it.

I wish you a great deal of luck and patience.

gmb said...

Well, after you get your $1 million advance, you can treat them all out to a lovely dinner. Congrats on your graphic novel.

John Shuck said...

Looking good!! I'm already crapping my pants in anticipation.