Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thank you, thank you very much

First of all thank you for all your nice comments on my post about being a teenage sex symbol. I always wonder if those personal posts will go over well or not. Thanks to all those who read it and to all those who commented.

Second of all thank you to Calvin of Calvin's Canadian Cave of Coolness for bestowing this award on me:
It's always nice to be recognized by people who write cool fun and funny blogs. Your blog is pretty uber amazing itself my friend. Thanks again for singling me out.

The rules are I have to give it to 6 other people so I hereby award this award to:
1) Keith at Sugar and Spice. No one does photo posts of retro hotties quite like you sir, keep it up.
2) Becca at No Smoking in the Skull Cave. Hers was one of the first blogs I read with any regularity and if you follow the link then you'll see why. It's chock full of pretty women, pop culture, and Miss Becca's great drawings.
3) Darius Whiteplume for his several blogs but most especially for his blog on Tumblr. Some of you may consider it NSFW so be aware you might see pictures of topless gals if you go there. But it's more than topless women, it's a pop culture treasure trove of photos and comments.
4) The Station Agent at Ice Station Tango. It's all progressive politics over there and it's all written very well by one of the nice guys of teh interwebs.
5) Wings at Caffeinated Joe. My buddy Wings is into horror movies and Red Sox baseball, and that's more than enough reason to give him an award.
6) My gal at I Can't Believe It's Not a Democracy! It's like she's my female doppleganger when it comes to politics and hatin' on corporate America.

Thirdly, Samurai Frog gave me this award a month or so ago:
And being the ungrateful bastard I am, I'm just now thanking him for it. It's the'Blogging Brings Us Closer Together' award. Thank you for this award sir.

I now award the following blogs this award:
1) Pulp Friction. Karen Zipdrive is one of the coolest bloggers evah.
2) Retro Life. I don't know if who ever puts that fine Tumblr blog together reads this blog but I'm in love with his crazy cool blog. Warning, Retro Life is seriously NSFW.
3) Happy to be from Iowa. Minnesota Mom is another of my female dopplegangers. I love her outrage over current events and her tales of her sometimes surly teenagers.
4) Outside the Interzone. Lockwood is into politics, geology, and coffee. I hate coffee, so two out of three ain't bad.
5) Attentive Aphorist. Themom has an opinion on everything (which reminds me of me) and she loves to over use punctuation. I'll forgive her for one but not the other. ;0) Kidding, just kidding, I won't forgive you for either one. Hahahahahahaha!
6) Sprawling Ramshackle Campground. Bubs is my hillbilly brother from another mother.
7) 70's Child. Joe's blog reminds me of the things I loved about living through the 1970's.
8) The Girl Can't Help It. Kim is retro obsessed, funny as hell, and she gives away prizes. What's not to love about a gal like that?

Thanks again for the keen awards guys and thanks to all the folks I awarded one to, you guys make blogging fun. Keep up all your fantastic work.

9 comments:

Karen Zipdrive said...

Wow, thanks for the props, Monkey.
:)

themom said...

I was actually going to fill this space with punctuations - or brain blips as I call them, but I'm going to be nice. I have my arthritic knees on the ground bowing in gratitude for the award. Now get your butt up here and help me get off the floor!!!!

Jay Allbritton said...

Thanks, Doc.

Wings1295 said...

Wow! Thanks Dr. Monkey! I have been one lucky blogger, to have found so many readers and so many good blogs to read myself. Thanks again and keep up the good work here, too!

Wings1295 said...

I awarded it to others, as well: "Uber Amazing Blog" Award

Kim @ The Girl Can't Help It said...

Word up, I get a shout-out from the esteemed Monkey?! Aww, thank you!

I don't know what to say, other than I totally deserve this.

xoxo
~Kim

Kim Hambric said...

So, I discovered your blog a few weeks ago, and I got less done. Now I read these new blogs and I'm not doing sh*t. I've gotta do SOMETHING to get paid.

Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

clearly I need to spend more time reading bloggs...

Mnmom said...

Wow! Thank you! I'll post it asap.