Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Inside the monkey house

It's time to take a peek inside the new house!

Come on in and I'll show you the new furniture we got for the living/dining room. It's a long ass room, I was joking around with Sparky and I told her that we could have installed a bowling alley in it. At one end we have a sitting area with some new furniture. The chair on the left came today and the love seat we got last week. The trunk in the center Sparky has had for years. The other chair matches the love seat and we got it all in a deal at a locally owned furniture store. It's comfortable and stylish at the same time. Topping the room off is the new to us dining room table that was given to us by our friends from Knoxville, Todd and Donna. The table with all the leaves it is fecking huge, which is a good thing because we now have a house where we can have scads of people over at once, unlike our old condo where we could only have one couple at a time over.

The room is still a work in progress, we're on the hunt for a rug that will match the furniture and for some chairs for the table, but we're happy with everything so far.

This last picture is to show our friend Donna that she can stop her search for a set of acceptable glasses for us. I found this set at TJ Maxx for $12. They're heavy glasses Donna, just like I said I liked and they have a bit of style to them. That pattern is called "Window Pane." Stay tuned for more peeks inside the new Monkey Central as events warrant.

26 comments:

Little Merry Sunshine said...

The Monkey House is beautiful! I can see many fun dinner parties happening around that fantastic dining table! Congrats on your new home!

John Shuck said...

Congratulations! Very nice. So show me the basement where Jesus hides.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

John-You'll have to get off your Presbo butt and come over and see it for yourself!

Fran said...

OOOOH!! Big big table, big big parties. It looks fabby Dr Monkey. I wish I lived closer, I'd be over soon.

Don't worry, I never arrive empty handed in the event I should show up!

Seriously, this looks GREAT, I am so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Looks very nice, my monkey pal. Live there in health and wealth.

Jess Wundrun said...

Where is the left over birthday cake? I came over to wish you a happy birthday and to snag some cake.

Oh well. Happy belated birthday.

Dr Zibbs said...

I wish my home could be kept this neat.

K.Line said...

This is fantastic!! I love how bright and airy it is. Great job, both of you.

Claire said...

Very nice! I LOVE that patterned chair with the curved wood arms.

Anonymous said...

Nice wooden floors. What ever you do, don't do like my mom does and go and cover them all up with area rugs.

Wandering Coyote said...

Very nice. Love the table cloth.

MommyLisa said...

Great room, love the chair with wooden arms - uber stylish.

Great glassware too. ;) Buy me a drink?

DivaJood said...

Mazel Tov! I send you a pound of sugar, a broom and a box of salt. Sugar for a sweet life, the broom to sweep away your troubles, and salt for prosperity!

Dr. Zaius said...

I think that your dining room table has a big empty spot where a chocolate cake should be.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Your house looks fabulous. You kids have exquisite taste.

dguzman said...

I too like your glassware! Very nice!

I think that should be a new meme. Show us your glASS!

Anonymous said...

I'm fond of heavy glasses myself. And heavy flatware. Do you have nice heavy flatware for your upcoming dinner parties?

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

xup-Actually now that you mention it, we do have some new heavy flatware. Sparky bought it a few hours before I bought us the new glasses.

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

I love the room and it's decor. The trunk is great. Sparky has really good taste.

Blueberry said...

No clutter? I would be happy to send you some. I've got extra.

You might not put in a bowling alley but you could always play Frisbee in there.

Matthew Hubbard said...

I've got those Ikea glasses my own bad self.

Missy said...

Classy! I am jealous of your long table and room for guests. I am also happy for you...so torn!

Suzy said...

Is the outside nice too?

barbie2be said...

i love it when people use old trunks for coffee tables! there is usually a good story involved!

Chris said...

Wow, nice digs. The bowling alley would work! After we put wood laminate floors in our house, I threatened to paint one room's floor to match the Tarheels basketball court.