Friday, August 29, 2008

Rich white people from the 1940's speak out about Sen. Barack Obama

"Seriously? The Democrats nominated black man? Wow, I thought they couldn't get much lower class than Harry Truman. Oh well, you live you learn. I've got to run now, I'm supposed to be oppressing someone somewhere. See you later."

"He reminds me of a butler we had shot once."

"Go away! My hat and I hate you. We want to be left alone so that we can consummate our unholy love."
"As long as the working classes are happy and not paying attention to how we're raping them, then we're fine with the negro fellow."

"I'm in love with him. I mean it. I'm leaving behind my pampered life of luxury to go into the future so that I can canvass for him. If you see my husband tell him I've gone to Luxembourg to buy a pack of Lucky Strikes."

"
"When did blacks get the right to vote? Can women vote now too?"

14 comments:

Jess Wundrun said...

I think one of those photos contains a person who makes only $4,999,999 a year.

That would make her middle class. According to J. Sidney McCain.

Little Merry Sunshine said...

I agree with Jess. And I think it's that last woman.

dguzman said...

God, I love these posts. Pure genius.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Funny stuff, Dr. Monkey!

Joe said...

Your series of photos reminds me of something my bride said the other night regarding Cindy McCain. Said she, of Cindy:

"She looks like someone who'd abuse the help."

Barbara Bruederlin said...

HA! You've been messing around in the Tardis again, haven't you?

Anonymous said...

1940s people are so hilarious. I think some of them are still around even. Still saying hilarious stuff like this

Anonymous said...

Politics aside, these snaps remind me of my mother-in-law's old family albums. Very glamorous.

vikkitikkitavi said...

Oh, now! Some of my best friends are rich white people from the 1940s.

Micgar said...

And they all have that same "old black and white movie raspy voice"; are named Mr. Skarsgard, and say: "Say, why don't you take Young Billy out for an ice cream cone?"

Elizabeth said...

Superb, all of these.

Whiskeymarie said...

The second one made me snort iced tea into my nose.
God how I love rich white people from the 40's. Bless their hard little hearts.

Distributorcap said...

frigging brilliant, as always

did any get a mccain tax cut

Freida Bee said...

Where did you find McCain's yearbook?

(Monkey, I hate to tell you this, but I saw some vintage Playboys at a shop the other day and thought about you and these posts. Next time I'm there, I won't pass them up.)