Monday, June 23, 2008

Time to go

I've been doing a lot of soul searching about my Presidential campaign lately and I've come to a decision. Due to the flagging interest in my once white hot campaign for President and due to the historic impending nomination of the first black man with a decent shot at being President, I have decided to suspend my campaign and to endorse Sen. Obama. I endorse him unequivocally and wholeheartedly. While his message is not as progressive and populist as mine, I feel that he will make a fine President and I am committed to working very closely with him and certain members of his campaign staff.While this country may not be ready for a simian like me to hold this nation's highest elective office, it is more than ready to elect a black man with more intelligence in his little finger than George Bush has in his whole body. This country is crying out for bold decisive leadership and Barack Obama will provide the calm steady leadership we all need. Sen. Obama has accepted my endorsement and the $2.50 in campaign funds that I had left in the bank. He is pleased that a one time rival has joined his cause and I look forward to campaigning for him where ever I can.

Of course this news will be upsetting to some and to those people I say, "Chin up, one day I may run again but right now it's Obama's time and I need to step aside and let history do it's thing." Weep not for the death of my campaign, instead steel yourself for the fight ahead against Bush McCain and gird your loins while you're at it, because ones loins can never be girded enough. I urge all those who supported me in the past to now vote for Sen. Obama. Work as hard for him as you would have done for me, get out there and register voters, canvass your neighborhoods, work the phones, drive the elderly to the polls, and write about what a selfless caring legendary monkey I am for getting out of the race now. Be not bitter or bitchy you who have followed me these many months, be caring and dedicated to electing Sen. Obama.

I'll be taking a few days off from the campaign trail to soothe the hurt feelings of some of the more sensitive of my followers. But don't worry, I'll be back out on the campaign trail in no time at all.

Onward to victory!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noooooooooo!

dguzman said...

I'm crushed, man. I'm that chick who's crying in the Monkey/Love campaign HQ, hoping that GKL will give me a ride home but NOT over the bridge at Chappaquiddick.

Unconventional Conventionist said...

Drat. I have always leaned simian, but I DID promise Zaius an endorsement, which I have yet to do.

Nonetheless, this is sad news. Less simian leadership, when we need more. [sniffs, wipes tear]

GETkristiLOVE said...

Shouldn't we have discussed this first?!

Life As I Know It Now said...

Well, since you put it like that...

SamuraiFrog said...

I know that Mars doesn't have a dog in this fight, so to speak, but now that you've dropped out, we've all got our fingers crossed for Obama as well. We can't officially endorse anyone, but we can say we find him trustworthy and not at all Zaius-like...

Suzy said...

Would you consider the vice presidency? (I know you're good at the vice part ...)

HEY, THANK YOU FOR THE CD! That was such a nice surprise in my mail box (far nicer than the ant colony I found there this morning. I swept it out, but then I thought I should have left it for the mail carrier, who hit our car and refused to take responsibility for it. I'm working on forgiveness, but it's not easy.)

Dr. Zaius said...

May I congratulate you on your accepting your loss with such grace and candor, sir.

You know what makes you such a good loser? Practice. ;o)

Whiskeymarie said...

I am saddened hearing these news. But, I will bravely soldier on, hoping that someday a monkey can be president.
Always hoping...