Thursday, May 1, 2008

Oh goody, here's another meme where you learn more about me

That damn ecclesiastical trouble maker Rev. Shuck tagged me before he endorsed me so before I denounce him I figured I better take care of his tag. Here's the rules:
A) The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
B) Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
C) At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1) Ten years ago I was:
Still driving about 1000 miles a month while working for Myers Tire Supply. Still smoking a pack and a half a cigarettes a day. Still eating a high fat diet. Had just moved back to Johnson City from Knoxville, TN.

2) Five things on today's to do list: 1. Make calls about stuff I said I was going to call about. 2. Await and answer call from people we're expecting a call from. 3. Do some laundry. 4. Write for this blog and read others blogs. 5. Walk.

3) Things I do if I were a billionaire: Start a chain of energy efficient environmentally sustainable organic farms. Start a chain of companies dedicated to working on converting businesses and homes to solar power. Give money to find a cure for HIV/AIDS. Start a charitable foundation that would give money to various charities and fund scholarships for kids who would get left behind from attending college in today's racist and classist system. Do a shitload of international travel. Buy a beach house.

4) Three bad habits: 1. Quick temper. 2. Too impatient. 3. Driving too fast.

5) Five places I've lived: Detroit MI, Jonesville VA, Roanoke VA, Cairo GA, Knoxville TN.

6) Five jobs I've had in my life: groundskeeper, dishwasher, sales rep, swimming pool attendant, actor.

Okay, that wasn't so bad was it? Now I tag the following people: Little Merry Sunshine, We Move to Canada, Bridget Jones, Wandering Coyote, and Samurai Frog. If any of you folks don't do tags, then that's fine, no harm no foul, I'll still love you and read you anyway.

11 comments:

Little Merry Sunshine said...

Damn you Dr. Monkey!!! (she screams waving her fist in fake aggravation)

I'll happily answer the tag!

laura k said...

Thanks for thinking of me, Your Monkeyness.

As a rule I don't do memes. The one time I broke my own rule I was sorry. I'm relieved to know it won't cost me your presence at wmtc.

Wandering Coyote said...

Good thing I was up at 4:00 this morning. I'll do this right now.

dguzman said...

The more I see the man behind the monkey, the more I like that man. And the monkey.

Dean Wormer said...

You lived in Cairo? That explains the fez.

Fran said...

Hmm.... my bad habits and yours are similar, although I did not list those particular bad habits.

So many bad habits, so little time!

Dr. Zaius said...

You don't have a short temper, gawdamnit! Now hurry up! We don't have all day! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Groundskeeper, you mean like Carl in "Caddyshack?" Did you caddy for the Dalai Lama, too?

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Can I trade to do lists with you? Seriously, I like yours way better.

BeckEye said...

The jobs you've had in your life make you sound vaguely like Carl from Caddyshack. :)

I also share your 3 bad habits, except:
1. Quick temper - Actually, I can take A LOT before I get truly, really mad. But people never see the shit storm coming because I'll be calm, calm, calm, and then I just explode.
2. Too impatient - Yet, oddly enough, I'm always late so people are always waiting for ME. I realize that this makes me annoying.
3. Driving too fast - I don't have a car anymore. But any time I get in one, it's pedal to the metal.

John Shuck said...

A tire salesman. There is something ...common...about that, and honest in a folksy kind of way.

Thanks for playing!