Friday, February 15, 2008

Reading is fundamental

I decided that since Karen and Wandering Coyote don't want to do it, I'll host the the Spring Reading Challenge blog. I can't promise it will be half as good as the one they put together but it will be a place for book lovers to review and post about the books they're reading in the spring. Click here to see the blog and if you want to join then shoot me an email with Spring Reading Challenge in the subject line to monkeymuck AT gmail DOT com and I'll open the blog up so you can post beginning March 1st.


Join up today! Book lovers of the world unite!

5 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh bless you, Dr M! You are a mensch! I was thinking I really should volunteer (but am too lazy and stupid to take on another blog right now). You know I'll be there!

Wandering Coyote said...

Good for you. Thanks!

Karen said...

Thanks so much Dr. M. I've signed up for your challenge :)

no_slappz said...

the cowardly monkey writes:

"the Palestinian people in Israel get shot and killed like this every day. It's just as horrible and horrific and awful that their lives are cut down by...the Israeli army."

Cowardly anti-Semite!

Westcoast Walker said...

Hey Dr M - glad to hear about the spring reading challenge, I'll be signing up. It would be cool to get a few folks reading the same books at some point and compare notes.

As for SLAPPZ' comment - why do many folks equate criticism of Israeli foreign policy with "anti-semitism", it is a pathetic and dismissive attempt to shut down debate. Interestingly enough, the debate within Israel itself is very heated and lots of folks there are equally disgusted with the treatment of the Palestinian people, whereas in North America any attempt to critique is written off and labeled as being racist.

What takes more courage SLAPPZ is to actually listen to what people are saying, debate them intelligently and not insult them just because it contradicts your world view - just a thought!