Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Film making at it's finest

My friend Joseph F., The Smartest Man in the World, told me about a great website called the Prelinger Archives. It's a collection of old propaganda, advertising, entertainment, and personal hygiene films from the '30's, '40's, and '50's. It's got classics like "How To Be Popular" and "New Girl in the Office" and many many many more. I can see myself wasting many an hour or two watching those classics. The movies are all public domain so you can watch, download, and embed them for free on your blogs. For some reason I could not get the embed to work on my blog, maybe one of you code people can email me the fix so one day I can use them on here.


Anyhoo, go watch a blast from the past!

6 comments:

Joe said...

Happy New Year!

I love those Prelinger Archives--they've provided many an amusement over at the Compound. Always fun.

Best wishes to you in the coming year!

Unknown said...

If we only had real internet service here.

Ed said...

One could definitely pass many an hour enjoying the contents of those archives.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now I have a reason to go to the office and use the highspeed internet!

Cool and thanks!

Anonymous said...

Clearly I take the internet for granted, because no matter how jaded I get it can still offer me awesome things like this.

SWEET!

I will spend many valuable hours that I could use for productive things, watching.

Thanks, Monkey!

Happy New Year's to you sir!

dguzman said...

Damned dial-up! And damned filters on my work internets! Curse them!

Still, just looking at the titles on the homepage (including "Stripper #1," "The Middleton Family at the New York World's Fair," and "Indian Love Burlesque") is entertainment in itself!