Sunday, November 11, 2007

More Stuff About Me (brought to you by Freida Bee edition)

I've been tagged by Freida Bee to tell you ten more things about me, so here goes:

1) Even though I'm am atheist now, two of my favorite sitcoms
Father Ted

and The Vicar of Dibley, are about religious people.

2) If it was overcast all the time and the temperature never got over 60 degrees it wouldn't bother me much. As long as enough sun got through to make the crops grow I'd be happy. I think too much constant sunshine beating down day after day after day after day is oppressive.

3) I think this CD from Stiff Little Fingers is criminally under appreciated. It's some of the finest rock and roll ever made.

4) The first time I ever got a buzz off alcohol was when I was 12. We were at Aunt Rageoholic and Uncle Adultery's unfinished chalet on Lake Michigan near Pentwater and us kids stole a few bottles of Boone's Farm wine from the skinny dipping hippies who were frolicking naked in the surf. We grabbed the wine and ran up into the little hills nearby and drank it quickly. I kind of liked the sensation but not enough to keep doing it all the time, hell I was no Drew Barrymore after all.

5) Speaking of first times, my first time doing "it" was a disaster. Thank goodness I kept at it.

6) I've gotten to see two of my favorite Major League Baseball players play when I was younger. In 1973 I went to a Detroit Tigers game and I got to see Willie Horton play left field.
In high school we went to Atlanta for our senior trip and we went to a Braves game. It was there I got to see Bill "The Spaceman" Lee pitch.
7) I have a little crush on environmental activist Majora Carter.
8) My favorite official Winter Olympiad poster comes from the 1952 Oslo games.
9) I spent a lot of time in pool halls playing pool and pinball when I was in high school because there was nothing much else to do in the small town where we lived. I hated living in Jonesville, VA with a passion.


10) I secretly like being recognized. When I lived in Knoxville I loved it when people would come to me and say, "Hey, I saw you in that improv show at Patrick Sullivan's." I would smile and thank them and I'd say, "I hope we didn't suck that night." Most people were nice and say, 'Nah, you guys were great that night. Especially you." It also gives me a kick now to meet people who read my blog. I've met some folks from around here in Johnson City who read me and we've become friends, which is really cool.

11 comments:

Freida Bee said...

Well crap, that only left me wanting more. I guess, I'll have to wait like the rest of the civilian workforce.

Thank you for upholding Meme's tradition. I know she was appreciating it before she ran off with Uncle Adultery, because I heard Auntie Rageoholic ranting about it. AR is MAD at you, especially about cousin Ted's Boone's Farm. They've been lookin' for it all this time. Why do you think she's been so mad?

Whiskeymarie said...

I love that you have a "favorite winter Olympiad" poster.

And, I couldn't agree with you more on #2. Damn sun.

Missy said...

Oh hey- don't I know you????

Unknown said...

That's the Willie Horton I remember. Baseball not criminal.

Fran said...

Can I ever stop learning enough about you?

No- the answer is no, please send more info.

Plus you are so feckin' right about the Stiff Little Fingers. Oh yeah.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Wait, my first drunk was off Boone's Farm.

Same drunk, same birthdate, same presidential race - is life uncanny, or what?!

Some Guy said...

I think "The Pentwater Hippies" has the makings of a great sit-com. Too bad all the writers are on strike.

That olympic poster is awesome! I love vintage ski posters.

bubbles said...

Good thing I don't feel how you feel about the sunshine. Here in the Phoenix area it shines, shines, shines - but I both love and need it, so it works.

Boone's Farm -- who did not get a wicked headache from that stuff at least once? Bet the naked hippies were mad.

dguzman said...

Oh Monkey, more! more! I luvs me some Vicar of Dibley, Winter Olympics (especially when the skaters fall), and bad drunks off nasty liquor. Mine was Canadian Mist mixed with Dr. Pepper (gulp). Blech. But in high school, I thought it was the height of sophistocation!

Anonymous said...

Was that Dawn French in the Vicar of Dibley shot?

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Freida-You are most welcome my teeny tiny itty bitty morsel of Texas goodness.

Whiskey-Damn sun will give you cancer. What more proof do people need that it's evil?


Missy-I think we know each other, maybe.

Mathman-I will always hate Bush senior for making that criminal the first person people think of when the name Willie Horton comes up.

Fran-I'm so deep, you may never learn all about me.

Kristi-The similarities end there. Your boobs look much better than mine.

Chris-I love vintage posters as well.

Bubbles-The hippies were too stoned to notice.

Dguz-Canadian Mist, wow, what memories you have evoked with that brand name.

Kirby-Yes. She was the Vicar after all.