Thursday, August 30, 2007

DGuzman chats me up

Birding and gardening enthusiast, frequent commenter, and former Texan, DGuzman offered to interview people and I stepped up to the plate.

Here is our interview:

1. Music obviously plays a huge role in your life, and your musical preferences are well documented. However, are there any embarrassing musical preferences you've not revealed? In other words, tell me true: Did you like disco? Was your first 45 record Olivia Newton John's "Have You Never Been Mellow?" HAVE you never been mellow, Dr.?

Okay, first off that's four questions right there and you're only supposed to ask me five, so watch yourself, it's not like I don't notice these things. I've got my eye on you.

Yes, I have musical choices in my past that I am embarrassed about. My teen age years roughly coincided with the disco craze after all. I did own some questionable soundtrack albums and a bad Elton John 45 or three.

As for my feelings about disco as a whole, let me just say that I did not hate all of it. I danced to it at many a high school dance after all. I have fond memories of Taste of Honey's "Boogie Oogie Oogie" and a few others.

While I don't recall owning any of her 45's I did however own this Olivia Newton John album:
In my defense I was a horny teenager when I bought it and I had a huge crush on Olivia. She was an ideal woman in my young eyes, she was blond, born in the UK but raised in Australia, and cute as a button. And you know what? She's still gettin' it done today!

And finally, yes, I have "been mellow." Many many times, if you know what I mean.


2. Where DO you get all those great photos on your site?
I get most of them off Google, some from Flickr, a few from Photobucket, and some are pictures I took with my digital camera. I like using pictures because if they are worth a thousand words then that means that I get to write less.
3. You've listed your occupation as "citizen." Is that technically possible, as you are a monkey? Aren't there - um - laws against that?
Monkeys, and all other living things are just as much citizens of this planet as humans are, so there. Nah nah nah.
4. How are your new children, Cloris, Shirley, and Ashley, getting along? Is it difficult running a household with that much star power?
They're doing fine. Except Shirley and Ashley get a little cranky every 28 days or so. Cloris not so much.
It's not so bad having all of them under one roof as most of the time they are all off working. My ladies are "in demand" as the kids today say.
5. When you're elected president, along with your running mate Dennis Kucinich, what will your first 100 days in office be like?
Well, we're going to have our work cut out for us seeing as how BushCheney are screwing things up so bad, but once we've gotten a handle on things then we can relax and enjoy ourselves a bit. Maybe we'll all take a trip to an aviary or to Olivia Newton John's house or something as a treat for all of us.
Thanks for the interview and keep up with the great work you are doing on your blog!
If any of you would like to be interviewed by me, then let me know in the comments section.

7 comments:

Fran said...

Wow- and I thought that Splotchy did a good job with DCap. However, reading this interview with you and dguzman changes all of that.

Oh you cheeky Monkey. All this because I came over here to "borrow" your Kucinich logo. I am finally endorsing.

I would rather it would be you, but I realize that as much as I want you at 1600... It aint' gonna happen is it? FranisSad.

Anyway - you know me, I love attention. Just don't tell anyone. You may however, if you so desire, interview me. How pathetic am I?

Very, but that shouldn't surprise you one bit, should it?

dguzman said...

Nice answers! And you may have your eye on me, but have you ever seen one of THESE?!

just kidding. Larry Craig's not here.

Thanks for the fun, Dr MVM!

Angry Ballerina said...

Hrm, am I allowed to do another? I need a filler blog. . . .

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Fran-No, Im not surprised, shocked but not surprised.

DGuzman-Nice questions! You made it fun. Thanks.

AB-You want to interview me or am I supposed to interview you? Shoot me an email and let me know.

BeckEye said...

I keep seeing your name on everyone's blog so I thought I had better stop in. I'm so glad I did. Any fan of ONJ's is a friend o' mine.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Beckeye-I've seen you around too but I've been too shy to say hello. Thanks for stopping by and come on back when you feel like it!

mwb said...

You know I almost put Olivia on my list too for the same reason (wicked crush when I was a kid) when I did a piece about embarassing musical secrets of my past the other day.

Instead I decided Kristy McNichol was far, far worse.