Monday, July 9, 2007

Some correspondence

I sent an email to one of my US Senators about the net neutrality debate going on in Congress.

This is the letter he sent back to me about that:
Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting my office to share your concerns about S.215, the Internet Freedom Preservation Act. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

As you know, this bill would amend Title I of the Communications Act of 1934. The bill would require broadband service providers to abide by net neutrality principles, and would not allow providers to prioritize or demean internet content and services.

S.215 would also prohibit providers from charging higher rates to companies in return for quicker service.

S.215 is currently before the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. If S.215 should come before the full Senate, I will certainly take into consideration your concerns regarding this legislation.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me over the next six years.


Sincerely,
A

Bob Corker
United States Senator


This was my reply to his reply:

Senator Corker-

Your past voting record and actions lead me to believe me that you will in no way do what I want. It also leads me to believe that your upcoming years in the US Senate will be filled with voting for bills that hurt the majority of the people in this state and in this country. You have shown yourself time and time again to be on the side of big business and not on the side of the people. You should be ashamed of yourself and you should resign immediately. In fact, I demand you resign the moment you or your staff of toads reads this. I await your reply.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX


I may be waiting quite some time before I hear back, if I ever do hear back.

10 comments:

Joe said...

You probably had him right up until you used the phrase "your staff of toads." That probably hurt his feelings.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Von Monkerstein --

It is a pleasure to know you.

Regards,

Tengrain

Jenn Siva said...

Obviously, you need to move to California, where Barbra Boxer can put you on her email/spam list.

She is kind of a liberal ass kicker. I fell inlove with her when she tore condi's asshole out in the confirmation hearings.

pissed off patricia said...

I write to my dem senator and get a form letter. I write to my repub senator and he puts me on his weekly newsletter list. Neither respond to my emails with anything but form letters.

If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Snad said...

Now, now, POP. Thos form letters are handled personally by volunteer interns who are nodded to -nay, even smiled at - by the good Senators you slander. Their names may even be known to one - maybe TWO - of the people who work in the office of the Aide to the Senater. If that isn't personal, I don't know what is!

Pam said...

Yup. Form letters. My senators respond acting as if I support their views. "We assure you we will continue to kick ASS in Iraq and look forward to invading Iraq!!"

FUCKERS.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Bubs-They are more like a plague of toads.

Tengrain-Awww, right back at ya.

Greensunflowers-And I fell in love with you when I read that post about why your hubby doesn't care you give bad blow jobs.

Pissed-I won't.

Snad-Point taken.

Pam-I hate how they assume I agree with them.

Katie Schwartz said...

perhaps, but you got massive fuckin' bawls and I am proud of you!!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Katie-"I got the biggest balls of them all!"

Anonymous said...

Ummmm .... when they've got you at Gitmo, it would be best if you could truly believe that O'Brien IS actually holding up four fingers as quickly as you can. It will just be easier for you that way.