Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The crux of the matter

I knew on some level that the blood thirsty jackals in the criminal cabal pictured below would find a way to spare their little Scooter, but what really pisses me off about this whole thing is this, one of my girlfriend's work friends has a son in the military who got his orders to go to Iraq yesterday, the same day one of the men who helped plan that mess over there and then broke the law to cover up for his boss who outed a CIA agent when her husband challenged their lies got out of serving a prison term.

If I hear one more Reich wing hack say that there was no crime in what Scooter did, then please by all means I want to see what happens to them if they stonewall a FBI investigation and lie under oath. If you or I did that shit we'd be in prison so fast that it would make your head spin.

But we didn't do it, no, we're too honest and too smart. And we don't have the best buds Scooter has. I'll bet you ten to one odds that Scooter gets a full pardon before King George the Worst gets out of office, if he leaves office that is.

So Scooter says "Fuck you" to the FBI and he lies on the stand during a Federal trial and he gets to serve no prison time as a result of his actions.

Aww, look at Scooter there on his crutches. Doesn't he look so brave? I'll bet he got injured playing squash or on his yacht or maybe he fell off us when he was fucking us over and he hurt his wittle self.

Now think about this for a second, and I made this point earlier in another post, what if Scooter had been black?
He'd have been led from the court in shackles after his guilty verdict had been read a few months ago. He'd have been shoved into the hardest supermax prison there is in the Federal system.

But he's white and rich, and Republican, and best buds with Cheney, so he gets off.

But who's still getting sent to the hellish prison known as Iraq under our occupation?

My gf's work friend's son. He's still got to serve in a war those bastards started and will never end. They clink champagne glasses and toast Scooter's job of takin' one for the team while another black man gets to serve in a war he didn't start and didn't want.

Now of course he knew what he was getting into when he signed up. He knew that he may get sent to fight somewhere, everyone who signs up knows that. But what he also knew was that he had every right to think that the men who sent him to war would follow the same laws he has to when he is home. He also has the right to expect that the people who ask him to go to war did not lie through their teeth to get us into the war. He also has the right to expect that the criminals who started this war would work to end it after 5 years instead of sending more and more troops over.

And that is what is pissin' me off about this Scooter going free bullshit. I'm trying really hard to love my country right now but those blood thirsty war mongerin' law breakin' justice subvertin' bastards in the White House make it hard. God damn all of you bastards, I hope I'm wrong and that there is a god and that she smites all of your Reich wing asses for the crimes you committed against this country and against the world.


If you haven't seen this film yet, I suggest you watch it on this July 4th. Maybe it will piss you off and make you get off your ass and do something to end the war. It did the trick for me and my gf.

3 comments:

Angry Ballerina said...

I am so sorry for your gf's friends son. Keep up the fight monkey man, great post, mind if I tragg it for 2 morrow?

Pam said...

Poor kid. I hope he comes back whole, mentally and physically. Or, preferably, the damn thing ends before he leaves.

Dumbya is going around saying that he hasn't ruled out a pardon for Scooter. Flipping us all off with both fingers.

Whatever Scooter's got on them but be goooooood. I'd watch my back if I were him. They could get paranoid that he'll talk....although they've pretty much assured that he won't.

Thanks for the movie rec. I will check it out.

And I agree - great post.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

AB-You know I am powerless to resist your angry charms. Do what you like with it. And I hope he comes back whole too. Thanks for your kind words. You too Pam.