Sunday, June 17, 2007

Something special for my 300th post

One morning earlier in the spring, I had to go out to buy some markers and foam core board to make some signs for me and my girlfriend to take to the anti war protest the next day. While I was out, I stopped by Circuit City to see if I could find a low price copy of The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen on DVD. Of course they did not have what I was looking for so I walked through the video games aisle and I found and bought this game:
I went home, got out our big letter stencil sheets and began making our signs. I made one that said, "END THE WAR OF TERROR" and I was workng on one that said, "WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THOU SHALL NOT KILL?" when my girlfriend came home for lunch.
She asked what I was doing and I told her I was making signs for the next days protest. She picked up my little bag from Circuit City and she said, "What's this?"
I replied, "It's a video game."
She took it out and looked at it. After rolling her eyes she said, "Do you not see the irony here?"

5 comments:

Angry Ballerina said...

I like your gf, she's a smart cookie.

Anonymous said...

That's the kind of woman every guy needs - she keeps you grounded, I'll bet.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

AB-How smart is she is she keeps me around as her man? Hey, you're right she is smart.

D Cup-Yeah, let's go with "grounded." Yeah thats what she keeps me.

Seriously, she's better than I deserve.

Becca said...

Yeah well lets see who she comes running at to help her when the aliens attack. It won't be irony then...it'll be forsight.

Angry Ballerina said...

Ya, chicks are good like that. Well, some.