Monday, December 29, 2008

I am pleased to announce...

...that in a highly competitive field and in an extremely tight race, Miss Gail Ishimatsu has been elected my 1968 Southern California girlfriend. Miss Ishimatsu beat out the following young ladies from Coachella Valley High School:
I am sorry to have had to break the hearts of so many beautiful young women, especially those of Cheryl Enriquez and Linda Cervantes, but Miss Ishimatsu is now entitled to all the prizes, fame, and good will that comes from being named my imaginary 1968 Southern California girlfriend. In the end Gail won because she was smart as well as beautiful, she was voted the girl most likely to succeed in her senior class. My fez is off to you Gail Ishimatsu!

16 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

that could be my class ya know. the hairdos are really familiar.

Anonymous said...

Regina Pillow?? Her parents are cruel, cruel bastards

pissed off patricia said...

I swear the same girls pose for every yearbook.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Evelyn has such a look of dreaming in her eyes. I wonder what ever happened to her? You took your Fez off. Are you a Shriner?

Missy said...

Oh but Regina has the looks to overcome that name!

Cormac Brown said...

Evelyn on the bottom picture kind of looks like The Lost Supreme. Gail looks remarkably like a girl I had a crush on in 7th grade, so I'd say you have great taste ; )

Chris said...

So if you aren't interested in Ms. Pillow, you wouldn't mind if I ask her to the big dance, right?

dguzman said...

Hey, I think Rosa might be related to me somehow.

Ubermilf said...

Now Chris is gonna get lucky while you have meaningful conversations.

Cup said...

How could you blow off Miss Alvarez and that rockin' head of hair???

Whiskeymarie said...

Too bad for you- I heard in gym class that Marsha was totally ready to let you make her a woman. Guess she'll have to go with her second choice- that Biff Henderson from the football team- he's dreamy...

Gifted Typist said...

holy beehive batman, I think I'm gonna do the twist

themom said...

Jeez, I forgot we had such a way with doing our hair back then. Yuk!

Anonymous said...

Best Girl Group, ever. Or Best Girl Gang, it is Coachella, after all.

Hurricane Ramon said...

Hey I am from Coachella ! I know each and everyone of these ladies too . Gail is one sweet heart too . How did this website get a hold of our HS year book ? , these are all the HS grad pics . I sent Gail a copy and I wonder if she approved of it , or in that case if any of these ladies were asked if their pics could be published .

Hurricane Ramon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.