Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My top twenty TV comedies of all time

In no particular order:

  1. Pulling
  2. The Librarians
  3. Nighty Night
  4. The Alan Partridge trilogy
  5. Snuff Box
  6. Hunderby
  7. Louie
  8. The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret
  9. Little Britain
  10. Father Ted
  11. Kath & Kim (Australian version)
  12. A Moody Christmas
  13. Dr. Terrible's House of Horrible
  14. The Mighty Boosh
  15. Free Agents (British version)
  16. Gavin and Stacey
  17. Laid 
  18. Seinfeld
  19. All in the Family
  20. Monty Python's Flying Circus
I know, I cheated a bit on number 4, lumping three series in one, but they are all linked by the main character.

3 comments:

gmb said...

Any thoughts about Arrested Development? I think it's the best American comedy I can think of.

dguzman said...

Interesting list--you've got access to so many shows I've never even heard of. I really liked Seinfeld at the time, but I am no longer interested enough to watch a full episode anymore. I'm really enjoying Brooklyn Nine-Nine--probably the hardest I've laughed at a sitcom in ages. I liked Will and Grace, and the Mary Tyler Moore Show and the Bob Newhart Show would probably rank up there. I'll add Frazier and round out my top 5.

Dr. Monkey Hussein Monkerstein said...

Many of those shows are on HuluPLUS Delia. They alone are worth the price of a Roku.