Thursday, December 27, 2012

Top TV for the past year

These are my top TV shows for the past year, they may not have come out in the past year but I saw them in 2012.

  1. Laid-Brilliant Australian comedy about one woman's possibly deadly vagina.
  2. Spy-Sweet and funny Britcom about a spy having custody issues with his ex wife over their wildly intelligently son.
  3. Underbelly-Very compelling Australian crime show.  I'm making my way through series 3 after watching the first two series.  Very well done show.
  4. Rev-Another in a long line of sweetly amusing British TV shows about oddball vicars with a parish full of oddball residents.
  5. Doc Martin-This series just keeps getting better and better.  This round of shows they made ol' Doc Martin a little more likeable.
  6. Breaking Bad-I swore I'd never watch this show but they sucked me in and I'm hooked.  Believe the hype.
  7. Modern Family-One of the best things on American TV.
  8. Slings and Arrows-Being the recovering theater geek that I am, this show is right up my alley.  I finally saw it all last summer and I loved it.
  9. Gavin and Stacey-After years of never releasing series 2 and 3 over here in the USA, I finally got to see them on Amazon Prime.  Great slice of life stuff.  I love this TV show.
  10. Wild at Heart-Pasty British people running a wild game resort in South Africa...somehow it all worked.  
  11. The Librarians- Another screamingly funny Australian comedy about a mildly racist head librarian and her staff at a public library in Australia.
  12. Downton Abbey-So much to love.
  13. Great Expectations (2011 version)-Excellent adaption of the Dickens novel.  Very very very well done and yes, Gillian Anderson pulled off being the youngest Miss Havisham ever.
  14. Raising Hope-I'm not really buying the romance between Jimmy and Sabrina but overall this one is still consistently funny and winning.
  15. Curb Your Enthusiasm 8- Another great season of the American king of the comedy of uncomfortableness.

1 comment:

gmb said...

Dr. Monkey: Have you ever seen "Arrested Development?" It was on--sigh--Fox for 2 1/2 years. I think it was one of the most brilliant comedies that ever appeared on American tv. My brother got dvds of the entire series and we have watched it all and then started over again. It's that good.