Friday, September 7, 2012

Still not there

It was a great speech by Obama last night and Biden's was pretty good too.  But I'm still not on board with voting for him again. 

I have no problem with how he's handled the economy.  It's not his fault 30 years of deregulation, tax cuts, never ending wars, and corporate malfeasance have ruined us.  It took a long time to get into the mess he inherited, and it will take long time to get out of it.

My problem with Obama is how he's curtailed our civil liberties, gone after whistle blowers, imprisoned Bradley Manning, refused to investigate, much less prosecute the Bush/Cheney cabal for their war crimes, and for not going after the big banks and Wall Street firms that caused the economic meltdown. 

Obama will never ever win TN, so I'm not going to vote for him.  My conscience won't allow me to.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Couldn't agree more.

gmb said...

I agree that his civil rights record is appalling. But he could do more for the economy. First, don't nominate Timothy Fucking Geithner as Treasury Secretary. Second, don't let Larry fucking Summers anywhere near the white house. I could go on.