Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I ain't never satisfied

Current mythology bores me. It's been dissected, fought over, codified, redacted, and disseminated for centuries. We've got the Greek stories, the Roman, the Christian, the Norse, the Indian, the Native American, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum. I'm sick of it all so I'm inventing my own.

Our culture at this point in history worships money so the mythology I'm inventing is currency based. My myths are the ones of the peoples who live in the 12 peninsulas. The peoples of the 12 peninsulas put their myths on their money so that every day they are reminded of their creation story, their heroes, their villains, their triumphs, their tragedies, and of what makes them them.

If you're a follower of my art page on Facebook then you'll get to see these mixed media collages as I make them. If you're not a follower of my art page on Facebook then that's your loss. I'm adding bits of the story as I post the collages and once I get them all done, I'm not sure how many there will be in all but do I have a number in mind, I'm going to publish them in an e-book format. In the e-book I'll flesh out some of the myths and characters that make up the peoples of the 12's collective myths. For instance right now all you know about this myth card/unit of currency is that the prayers of the Cranberry Pope for the crimson swimmers are ineffectual.
Later you'll learn why they are ineffectual.

And you'll learn why the release of the new Cluckers Day 8=8 bill is a cause for such joy.

Perhaps I'll also clue you in on what goes down when the Council of Four finishes their judgement of the multi hued astronaut. Or perhaps I'll leave that to your imagination.
Each of the original mixed media art card collages in this series are yours for a donation of $25 each to my PayPal account. I also take checks (US banks only) and money orders. I'm going to offer these through Society 6 as well, once I get signed up on there that is.

1 comment:

steverse said...

Dear Art-Boy, I am now a follower of your art page on Facebook. Sometimes I have to be hit over the head, with art. That is all (art).