Republican Rep. Eric Cantor wants budget cuts to offset any money that's put aside for tornado victims, so here's a list of things we can cut to pay for the damage in Joplin, in Alabama, here in east TN, and in New England:
- cut all aid to Israel. Israel is doing fine, they don't need money from us anymore.
- cut all aid to Germany, Japan, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Bahrain, Yemen, and Saudi Arabia.
- cut the defense budget in half. If we spend half of what we do now we'd still out spend any country on earth by far.
- cut all farm subsidies. We don't need to pay people to grow more corn when we've got a glut of it already and we sure as hell don't need to pay people to not grow crops.
- cut all corporate welfare. If we closed tax loopholes corporations use to get out of paying their fair share of taxes then we'd have plenty of money to pay for disasters.