I've been remiss in not commenting on some events that have been going on in the world lately, so I'll use this post to catch up on some of that. Ready? Here goes:
- I'm not on board with the bombing of Libya. It's not that I don't agree that Ga-Daffy should be gone, he should, I don't agree with how we're getting rid of him. If you tell me you're going to go after him because he's mistreating his own people and that the mission is therefore humanitarian, then why are we not helping the people of Syria, Saudi Arabia, the women of Egypt, the Palestinians in Gaza, the Catholics in Northern Ireland like we're helping the people of Libya. Obama wants to prove he's got balls and that he's not afraid to attack brown skinned people, so that's what he's doing.
- Newt Gingrich, the man who justifies his affairs by saying he had them because he felt passionately about the USA, chided Obama for not attacking Libya. Then when he did attack Libya, he chided him for doing so. Which is it asshole? Which side of that flip flop are you on Mr. Extra Marital Affair? Why anyone pays the slightest bit of attention to that gas bag is beyond me.
- If you're one of the people who doesn't want to help the people of Japan, then fuck you. Stop reading this blog and go blow your brains out. You don't deserve to draw breath on the same planet that I live on you slimy selfish bastard.
- When you cut the salaries of working people, attempt to legislate away their labor unions, and outsource their jobs, you shouldn't be surprised that no one is buying the products or services you're selling. You can make your widgets cheaply in China but you can't expect anyone to buy them if they have no money.
- I never thought I'd live to see the day when teachers, cops, garbage men, and other public employees were made out to be villains for simply asking that the terms of their employment be honored. We have to honor our contracts, why the hell do conservative politicians not want to honor the contracts we have with our public servants? I'd love to see the big business boosters work a garbage route, put out fires, help keep the peace, and or teach a class for a month. If they did then they'd all change their tunes and they'd push for raises for teachers, cops, firemen, and garbage men.
- If your god is so powerful and awesome, why do you not believe that he made gay people? Why do you find the idea that your god made some people gay and some people straight so outlandish? Perhaps it's because your god didn't make them at all because he doesn't exist.
Now I leave you with this artsy edited photo of mine. Even in a world gone mad, one needs to appreciate art when one can.