Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm not one to fetishize the 1970's or Las Vegas but...

...I loved the photo on the cover of this vintage Art in America magazine so much that I had to buy it. I got it at Book Lovers Warehouse on the Jonesborough highway, in the old Food Lion shopping center. That place is a treasure trove of cool and funky used books and vintage/retro magazines. Be aware though, that the owner, an old man with a wild and unruly beard who smells faintly of stale urine, is one of those guys who loves to make a comment about each and every one of the things you buy. He'll even stand there and stare at a book or magazine for a moment until he thinks up a 'good enough' comment about it.

3 comments:

Wings1295 said...

It is a cool photo of a very cool sign!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

What did he say about this particular purchase? Which is awesome by the way.

Megan said...

My father used to only stay at the Frontier. And then he used to only stay at the Stardust. And now he doesn't go to Vegas any more.

Yeah, what did the old coot have to say about this one? Something along the lines of what I just said?

:)