Monday, January 11, 2010

Classic comic book cover of the week

Jack Kirby did the cover art but he had nothing to do with the horrendous stuff that lies between the covers of this comic book that came from 1976. I paid a buck for it today and it really is worth about a quarter of that price. It's all about the horrors of modern science and how cloning will lead to the whole world being killed by poisonous gas. I'm not shitting you. Really. But however bad this comic was, at least it wasn't Superman.

5 comments:

Lockwood said...

This isn't Superman, either. I set this aside earlier for next Sunday's funnies, but I'll share it here first. It seems relevant.

Laura said...

Hmmm.. You've caught my interest with the title "WoodGod"... Sounds... kinda dirty. :P

((Hugs))
Laura

Karen Zipdrive said...

Woodgod?
Sounds like the screen name for one of those perverts on "To Catch a Predator."

Anonymous said...

Cloning apparently also leads to man-pelts. That must be the 'Birthday NIGHTMARE.'

Heh. Superman.

Sleestak said...

Aw. I loved that issue. Hated the sequel that ran in Hulk.