Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's time to check in with some dead French intellectuals

"Turns out I was right, there is no exit. No exit from my genius that is!
Here, take this book. I wrote it last week. It's an existential children's book. It's called Mommy and Nothingness. It's some of my best work. Go on, take it. Hey where are you going? Seriously, you can have it. Hey come back here...."


"Bon jour mon ami. How are you? I hope you are well. Me, I am not so good, you see, I've been trapped in this trench coat ever since I got here to the after life. It's starting to smell and it chafes me a bit. It's like a plague or something. But one learns to make do with what one can't rise above. So, they tell me George W. Bush picked up my novel The Stranger. Did he color all the pages before he tossed it away in disgust? Hahahaha, I still have it don't I? Oui, I do."


"Ahh, hello. I seem to have forgotten who I am but I did not forget how to hold up books. See?"

"Things are much better now that I am just a disembodied head. However I have to hide from Camus because every time he sees me he says, 'Hey mon frere, I'm up for a little head, can you help me out?' Then he cackles like a chicken that is high on ether. Oh how I loathe him. And I'm not too fond of the films of Jerry Lewis either, just so you know."

"One day I will return to earth and I will haunt the Cocteau twins and fat bastards who use my photo in esoteric blog posts and I will have a beauty and a beast of a time doing it."

4 comments:

Margaret Benbow said...

What a brilliant Monkey!
But hey, maybe you cross the line when you mock Camus' sacred trenchcoat. At the University of Wisconsin, where I was a student, Camus' one-time mistress Germaine Bree taught. In our eyes she walked in a special ether of mysterious mist and stars...

Anonymous said...

That was, how you say... tres cool

Crayons said...

This was a delight. I am a highly trained intellectual in French literature. These guys are like family to me! My favorite here is your captioning of Sartre.

I can't figure out the two mystery men. Isn't the guy on the floor selling insurance policies. The sad man with the moustache....I can't remember.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Thanks for your kind words ladies. I'm glad someone got the freakin' jokes in this post. I was beginning to feel like I was casting pearls before swine.