Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Quick Movie Reviews

True to my word, I rented this from my local big box soulless DVD rental store:
And after watching it again after not seeing it for years, I have to say it holds up damn well. Parts of it made me laugh out loud and I was reminded of some of the other great quotes from it:

"Repo man's got all night, every night."

"Ordinary people, I fucking hate 'em."

"I don't want no Commies in my car...no Christians either!"

"No one is innocent."

It's a modern classic all right. If you haven't ever seen it, see it. If you haven't seen it in a long time, see it again soon.

I didn't hate this movie as much as Johnny Yen did, but I will say it disappointed me. It was glacially paced and you could see everything coming a mile off. According to the DVD box it's a classic. After finally seeing it, I can say, it's not a classic but it's okay.


And finally, season four of one of our favorite TV shows ever is finally out on DVD!
We watched the first three episodes last night and it's as good as ever. Who ever decided to cast Albert Brooks deserves a Nobel prize for genius. He's great, as is everyone else, as usual. Yay Weeds!

5 comments:

Some Guy said...

I should get my copy of Weeds in the mail today. I can't wait!

Lemmy Caution said...

Just finished watching that season of Weeds the other day. Excellent show....and yes, Albert Brooks is VERY funny. Solid, funny show.

Repo Man! I haven't seen that in ages. Need to watch it again, if for no other reason.....for Harry Dean Stanton. He is amazing in that flick.

MommyLisa said...

I.HATE.ETHAN.HAWKE.

and I hated Gattica, but see above for the reason why.

I gotta get the DVD's of Weeds.

Anonymous said...

God damn Rodriguez brothers!

Ed said...

Plate of shrimp.