Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Meeting of the minds

Now that insurance company apologist and serial tax evader Tom Daschle is out of the running to be Secretary of Health and Human Services I convened an emergency meeting of my brain trust to come up with a viable candidate for President Obama to choose to head up the DHHS. You may not remember who was in my brain trust so I'll go ahead and remind you that it consists of:

Larry Storch from F Troop,
Canadian actress Molly Parker,
Grizzled old gangster Ma Barker,
Peta Wilson as Mina Harker,

Ray Parker Jr,

and Molly Hatchet.

We talked for hours about who would best fill that seat left vacant by Daschle. Many many names were put out there and most all of them were shot down. I held out for Christina Hendricks from Mad Men.
But ultimately I was overruled and we decided to ask President Obama to nominate Elizabeth Kucinich to fill the post.

Her appointment makes sense because she's smart, people will listen to her, she's politically connected, and she was born in a country that already has universal health care so she knows how it all works and she can help implement it as soon as she helps get Congress to pass it.

So please send your emails, faxes, and your notes to President Obama and tell him to nominate Ms. Kucinich today! Let's do this America!

8 comments:

PENolan said...

I love Cpl. Agorn.

Snad said...

I suggest Ms. Kucinich's husband for the post!

Regardless, I am glad that Obama withdrew Daschle for consideration, and am even more glad that he covered the media with his mea culpa.

It isn't about him screwing up on a choice; it's about him OWNING the screw-up. What a refreshing change from 8 years of denial.

Mnmom said...

Damn you Dr. Monkey! I had repressed all memory of Larry Storch and F Troop and now it's back. Damn your hide!

Joe said...

I'm rooting for Howard Dean.

Michael Garrett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snad said...

Hey! I LIKE Larry Storch - he was great in Love, American Style! Don't hate me, Mnmom. I'm just trying to war you up in the middle of a REAL MN winter!

Snad said...

Oops - that should have said "warm you up". My brother's keyboard sucks.

K.Line said...

What are you saying man? Molly Parker. All the way.