Saturday, December 6, 2008

Rolling in dough

It's that time of year again. It's Covert Cookie Saturday and we're off to Knoxville soon to be enslaved by a wine swilling madwoman.How could we refuse this year's invitation to help her bake all her Christmas cookies? Here's what this year's invite looked like:

"You are cordially invited to come to Todd and Donna's to help bake Christmas cookies.
Come along quietly and nobody gets hurt.And no complaining this year or we'll get our armed guards to use their soon to be banned semi automatic weapons on your lazy ass.
Oh, and all that happy holidays shit too."

So as you can see we're looking forward to it. I'll post pictures and a made up pack of lies about every one who attends this year's extravaganza sometime tomorrow. Mazel tov bitches!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggested making gingerbread men this year, but Slim suggested gingerbread fetuses (feti?) with little umbilical cords. Where the hell does he get this stuff?

K.Line said...

Man, I wanna go to this! First, it's in Knoxville, a place I've always wanted to see and secondly, just the colour of the kitchen alone makes me want to be there.

Y'all have a great time!

Elizabeth said...

I want to join that army strictly for the dress!

Have fun, Monkey!

Little Merry Sunshine said...

"wine swilling madwoman" . . . are there two of us?

Fran said...

sounds fun and yummy, plus with some monkey on the side. wish i were there!

Katie Schwartz said...

Okay, I think I'm crushing hard on the broad hosting the bake fest. Have a ball. I want all the deets.

Mnmom said...

I want to come too!!! Remember, I have a great gingerbread man recipe. Will that get me invited?? Wine and cookies - it's the breakfast of champions.

Ed said...

Awesome uniform those guards are wearing! Is there a uniform store that sells them?

Karen Zipdrive said...

Love that yellow kitchen!
Your story reminds me of when Mom used to force us all over to help her make Xmas tamales.
She's gone now and I'd give anything to be forced into it all over again.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

There are some traditions that you just don't mess with. Especially when machine gun toting women in awesome metallic dresses are involved.

Mel said...

Sounds like fun, lol

barbie2be said...

sounds like fun! tomorrow my annual ornament exchange!

Chris said...

My leaving town yesterday when you were coming to Knoxville was totally coincidental. No really.