Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas from the family

That little blond kid sporting what looks like a Christmas morning chubby in his underwear is me. That's my sister Linda behind me and that's our Mom next to her. On the floor is my sister Sandy and next to her is my older brother Charlie and my Dad. My brother Karl was behind the camera and that's why he wasn't in the photo. The picture was taken around 1968 or 1969 I think. Even though we lived in the projects and were poor as church mice we always made out like bandits on Christmas morning. I loved getting up before the sun came up and running down stairs to see what Santa had brought us and watching every one open presents.

Flash forward to today and it's just me and Sparky now on Christmas morning and I still love getting up, although it's not quite as early these days, and doing the opening presents thing. I think I speak for her as well when I say, "Happy Christmas everybody!"

I'll leave you with our new favorite Christmas song:


Odds bless us all, every one!

21 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

and a merry merry to you too. my favorite song used to be, gramma got run over by a raindeer but THIS TOPS IT!

Blueberry said...

May the Flying Spaghetti Monster and Sock Monkey Baby Jesus bring you lots of presents!

Mel said...

So cute! lol
¡¡¡Feliz Navidad!!!
Merry Christmas!!!
Hugs from Peru,
Mel

Mauigirl said...

Happy and Merry to you and yours, Dr. Monkey!

Chris said...

Priceless picture, Dr. MVM. Those tighty whiteys don't cover a damn thing do they?

Unknown said...

OMG, Dr. Monkey you look the same now only all growed up!

Odds bless us indeedy-doooo!

splord said...

Merry Christmas, Doc!

Sudeaux Lux said...

Good looking family. And you are so adorable, woody and all.

K.Line said...

Weren't you gorgeous! I love this photo.

Life As I Know It Now said...

Took me awhile but I was persistent because I wanted to leave you a comment. (I know I've told you that sometimes I am not able to leave a comment on your post for whatever weird reason). Anyway:

Happy Christmas to you and yours Monkey Muck!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and Sparky.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to the Hunky Monkey and Sparky!

Sparkleneely said...

Merry Christmas, dear Dr. Monkey and Sparky -- your blog is the gift that keeps on giving all year long. I'm so glad I found you!!!

xoxoxoxo

Gifted Typist said...

Love the shot. We are of the same era. Happy Christmas to you Monkey

Suzy said...

I love your family photos. I haven't been making the blogging rounds much these days, but I want to thank you for the card and wish you a happy Boxing Day. Have a good time doing whatever it is one does on Boxing Day. <3 Suzy

Elizabeth said...

Happy belated Xmas/Crimbo to you, Monkey!

Dean Wormer said...

Chubby? I thought it was the yule log.

Merry christmas!

Distributorcap said...

a belated merry xmas..... i love 1968 pictures

Freida Bee said...

Happy Solstice Thingy, Monkey. Keep on soakin' in it.

Love, Fred

(I think I just signed your yearbook.)

barbie2be said...

hehehehehehehehehehehe!!!! you should have put a warning up there to not be drinking coffee when listening to that new song. who's gonna clean my monitor now?

dguzman said...

Sweet sweetness, Monkey, look at those skinny little bird legs!