Saturday, November 29, 2008

Do the right thing

Yo Wal Mart, do the right thing and pay for not only for the guy who got trampled to death in your store's funeral, also find out if he had any kids or not and if he did then pay into a trust fund for their upkeep until they turn 18. And while you're at it do the following things:
  • Stop helping create a culture of need where people who have everything think they need more and more.
  • Stop helping make an environment where people get trampled to death in your stores.
  • Stop buying so much shit made in China and other places. Seriously, it's going to be better for all of us if you buy stuff for resale that's made in the USA. Yes, you're going to have to raise your prices a bit but it's better for all of us in the long run.
  • Stop being so anti union. You let your stores in China have unions and by golly they still run and make a profit for you. Stop being such greedy bastards and let your employees share in the wealth.
  • Stop building so many stores. Smallish communities don't need your super stores, they need mom and pop businesses that give more back to the community than you do.
  • Start giving more and more back to the community you cheap bastards.

It's about time you started operating in the national interest and stopped being all about profit at any cost. I hope people get so sickened by the trampling death at your store that they decide to stop shopping at your stores because they fear they will get trampled as well.

I'm going to do my part and keep reminding people that people get killed at your store until you do your part and start acting like a responsible corporate citizen.

13 comments:

Dale said...

Good friggin' advice. I couldn't believe the news when I heard. Well, I could believe it but I didn't want to.

K.Line said...

Amen, Monkey!

themom said...

Now I read that the police our going over the store video - to find someone to charge. Do you charge the first person who knocked this guy down - or the 1000 that stepped on him, in the name of greed? I'm with you on this one.

Dr Zibbs said...

..and have some hours so that people like me don't have to mingle with some of the peasants.

Blueberry said...

Preachin' to the choir, Dr Monkey.
Haven't been in a Wal-Mart in years and hate chain store Black Friday and all the BS associated with it.

Elizabeth said...

You said it all.

Sparkleneely said...

Amen, Dr. Monkey. I have never been in a Wal-Mart, and I don't ever want to.

Anonymous said...

Exactly.

Bridget Jones said...

A frickin' men.

Odile said...

I´m from Mexico (not a mystery) and one of my "activist" actions is NEVER go to Wal Mart (or drink nothing in a Star Buks), trying to go to always to other place (a convenience store or to the local market).
And in this difficult times, always is good to support the national products, China does´t need more money, and our country does

Katie Schwartz said...

I'm so happy you posted this. I'm sick to death of Wal-Mart, they are the most corrupt, disgusting rat bastards on the planet. Talk about an experiment in fucktarderee, greed and hate, that would be Wal-Fart in a nutshell.

They treat people like shit and I agree wiht you so hard that they should set up a trust fund for his kids and pay for the funeral.

God forbid they become an ESOP?! God forbid.

Oh, and another thing, I have never and will never shop at a Wal-Mart.

MommyLisa said...

FYI all, shop at SEARS. They pay the difference in wage for all their employees called up to serve in Iraq and Afghanastan and support their families while holding open the jobs of their employees overseas.

Got an email about it and it checked out on SNOPES.com.

Sears rocks!

Missy said...

For sure. Oh Wl-Mart, how I loathe and avoid thee.