Friday, October 31, 2008

Hey McCain...

When you've lost the redneck vote
you might as well hang it up.
**********
Speaking as someone who has lived in the south since 1974, I 'd never thought I see the day when people like bluegrass legend Ralph Stanley and NASCAR team owner Junior Johnson not only support a black man for President but they also cut commercials for him as well. Like they used to say in those Virginia Slims ads, we've come a long way baby.
(Fez tip to Rev. John for the photo.)

8 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

I think it was Chris Matthews' show - featured a picture of a small house with a confederate flag and an Obama Sign in the yard. GOBAMA!

Karen said...

Four more days. Oh god, I'm excited and scared. No no no, I'm not doubting that change will come but I can't get 2000 out of my head. It makes me weep to think where the world might be today if you had had the president your country actually elected. Sigh. You just now I'll be up late Tuesday night watching results come in.

Elizabeth said...

Well, that does it brother, now I've seen everything!

I LOVE it.

Miss Alex said...

HAHAHA... Amazing

dguzman said...

The hope is out there!

Mnmom said...

YES!!!!


(But I am just a little afraid of what the Rovian orchs will pull)

Sudeaux Lux said...

Love it! May have to snag it for EBC.

Joe said...

This post makes me happier than I've been all day