Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Debate Night in America

Hey America, what's up? You remember that tonight is the last debate between Obama and Bush McCain right? Don't miss it if you can help it. I know many of you were on the edge of your seats watching the returns of the Canadian election last night on CSPAN so you may be maxxed out on politics but come on, this is historic, so you better watch it if you can.

So, Ms. America, get yourself all gussied up for tonight.

And I know you're going to let the kids stay up and watch but they're going to have to be dressed properly as well. That includes both the boys:
And the girls:
In no time at all your hubby will come through the doorafter a hard day at work and you will have supper ready and you'll all have a wholesome nutritious supper that features lots of whole milk and white bread with butter on it and then you'll all talk about what a fabulous day you all had. Then you can sit down and watch the debate! Sounds like fun, huh.

What's that? You want me to come over to watch the debate with you? Okay! Great! I was hoping you'd ask. Just let me change into something more comfortable.Ahhh, that's better. Hey, look, I brought a case of Heineken and a bottle of Wild Turkey so we can all enjoy the debate properly! Let's party like it's 1979 America! GoBama!

22 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Double-knit polyester leisure suits are the only *suit*-able attire at my place; for the debates, or any event!

Ubermilf said...

I'm more of a Pepper, myself.

K.Line said...

Ha: I watched all the (moronic) television about the CDN election (being a CDN and having voted and all). When it was over, turned to my husband to let him know it was fun, but IMO 300 million is a lot to spend on a midweek date. Democracy rocks, non?

Missy said...

I have some shopping to do!

Dr Zibbs said...

I got to gets me one of those sharp suits.

MommyLisa said...

Too bad there was not a "Robust Array of Red, White and Blue" leisure suit available - it would look HOT with a star spangled halter top.

Little Merry Sunshine said...

Wow. Those ladies look like they puked Peptobismal. And I thought you'd have more chest hair, Dr. Monkey.

That said, I'm going shopping right now!

themom said...

You've been looking in my closet, haven't you? I just knew I should get more "trendy!"

Of course the debate will be on at this house. I so want McCain to BLOW UP!!! (As in temper.)

dguzman said...

Wow--wouldn't it be fun to party like it's 1979? Leisure suits, fondue pots, Tupperware, and all the Spam-on-a-Triscuit hors d'oeuvres you can eat! Freak out! Le chic!

Unknown said...

I must have that "buy a vowel" tee shirt.

Some Guy said...

Hard to know what will chafe worse - the polyester suit or McCain's crappy answers.

Snad said...

I had a mental image of lady in delectable pink pantsuit in the arms of the John Davidson wannabe in the bile green leisure suit and I started feeling queazy ...bbblllllloooooooooourrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK. Now I feel a little better.

Blueberry said...

Double your pleasure, double your fun, with a double set of double knit husbands.

Ok, that will make a shitty jingle. never mind.

Gifted Typist said...

I have election campaign disorder

Sparkleneely said...

I CAN'T WAIT. Except I don't have the right polyester ensemble. But perhaps I'll just wear the state flag of Ohio.

http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=12456

But if we're partying like 79, wouldn't we be watching Reagan??? ;)

Karen Zipdrive said...

Hey, it occurs to me, monkeys like to fling their own feces at people they don't like.
Can I take you with me to the local shitkicker bar to watch the debate?
A banana every time you hit the tv screen, and two for every shitkicker you hit.

Wandering Coyote said...

I have an election hang-over today. Not sure if I'll watch your debate or not; I am going out for dinner and may have to have a few drinks...

GETkristiLOVE said...

Cool - I just bought a case of Wild Turkey and a bottle of Heineken, I'll be right over.

okjimm said...

Oh, man!!!!!!!!!!!! that is the cat's ass T-SHIRT!!! I don't think I have yuckled that much in years!! Thanks!

okjimm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara Bruederlin said...

I guess that's what went wrong with the Canadian elections - I didn't dress correctly.

Chris said...

Wish I could dress as flash as you folk with your city slicker polyester clothes and all.