Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm crushing your head

I'm not a curmudgeon but...
  • if one more teenager or 20 something gives me "the look" for not thanking them for doing their job then I may snap their necks. I'll thank you people when you do something special.
  • it's pronounced "App-uh-latch-uh" not "App-uh-lay-cha."
  • if five cars pass you on the right side of the highway then it's time you got your slow ass out of the left hand lane.
  • if I never have any one pray for me or try to tell me about the "good news" about Jesus H. Fucking Christ again it'll be too soon. I've heard your spiels before and nothing you can say will make me believe in your stone age religion.
  • I wish I could equip deer with high powered rifles so they could shoot back at the idiots who go out and shoot at them.
  • when it's 90 degrees Fahrenheit and the sun is shining so brightly that it almost burns your retinas, it's still not a good idea to give your children under the age of 10 that 24 ounce bottle of Pepsi to chug down. Try giving that kid some water instead.
  • I can make fun of the south and southern people, if you don't live here then you can't. Your jokes about us being inbred or just getting indoor plumbing aren't funny any more, in fact, they make you look like an ignorant reactionary who clings to regional stereotypes because you don't know any better.
  • I'm adding Gary Sinse to the list of actors whose movies I'll never rent or pay to see again. And I'm adding Jon Voight to that list as well.
  • I don't "do" Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, or any of those other social networking sites. I just don't and I won't, so don't bother asking. And I don't text either. And I'll never ever give out my cell #. I blog, I surf the net, I do email and I do telephone, but I'm at my best when I'm face to face with you.

15 comments:

Angry Ballerina said...

Why Gary Sinse? Did I miss something?

And no shit, if I hear one more person ask me if my uncle is my father, or my gampie is my cousin, I'm gonna shit a kitten. And it won't be fucking pretty.

bugbear said...

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You...

Thank You

For pointing out the correct pronunciation of one of the oldest and grandest mountain chains in existence, and center of biodiversity for North America.

I may not live in the mountains anymore but I am still a proud defender of them.

Snad said...

Feel better?

Jess Wundrun said...

Then I guess you'd better knock off the Wisconsin jokes you sensitive little monkey.

That would be dishin' and not takin' wouldn't it?

I'll just take my little ball and go home. Ciao, it was nice knowing you.

Jess Wundrun said...

Oh, and I did live in the south so I'm not an "ignorant reactionary who clings to regional stereotypes because I don't know any better".

unfuckingbelievable.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Angry-Sinse did the narration on some of those RNC videos and he's a serial over actor in my book.

Jess-Don't get your nose out of joint, it's only my opinion. You are entitled to yours, just as I am to mine.

Jess Wundrun said...

If your opinion is that I'm ignorant then my opinion is that you are an ass.

Anonymous said...

Shit - I've been mispronouncing Appalachian wrong all these years????? But then, I still can't get Louisville right either and I grew up just up the river.....

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Jess-It took you this long to figure out I'm an ass? Most people outside of Wisconsin figured that out a long time ago, so nah nah nah.

mwb said...

"I can make fun of the south and southern people, if you don't live here then you can't."

I was born and raised there (through age 18) but have lived in yankee country since. So I mock everyone east of the Mississippi!

Micgar said...

Monkey- I feel that sometimes I need to poke a little fun at reactionaries from the South-not the stereoptypes-inbred, dirty, etc, I mean the political, religious, right wind country music kind of way. Not to step on your toes" or anything.
I always pronounced it "app uh lay sha"! Oops!
I recently Googled (in response to seeing a story about it)"right wing actors/people in Hollywood" and yes, Gary Sinise and Jon Voight are the "leaders" of a right wing backlash against the perceived notion that Hollywood is too liberal-(the "Friends of Abe")I might think twice about seeing a movie with those guys given that they are people who just have a different opinion than mine, they also are fighting for the right's political causes, and giving $, etc. Like that side needs more $ or powerful support!

Micgar said...

"right wind"?! you know what I meant!

Snad said...

dcup -
No, honey, you've been mispronouncing it right all along. However, you have been pronouncing, it wrong. Bless your heart!

Anonymous said...

snad - doh! Can we call that my Dubya moment?

dguzman said...

DCup, the only "Dubya moments" you have are when you grab a whiskey, baby. You just had a slip.

Monkey--you're an ass, but I love you. And I love Jess too. So play nice, you poopies!