Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sometimes I use my powers for good instead of evil

I finally landed a film for the Socially Conscious Cinema series at the upcoming Southern Appalachian International Film Festival which will take place here in Johnson City this November!

I emailed the makers of The Witness after I read about it online and I asked them if we could screen it at our festival. Long story short, the director of the film, the fabulous Jenny Stein, said yes to my request! Yay Jenny!

I was keen to get this film because I want people whom come to the part of the festival that I am curating to see films that will expand their consciousness about all living things, humans, animals, and the earth in general. Maybe folks will treat other animals and our earth a little better after seeing films like this.

You can read my other post about this cool movie on the SOAPIFF blog by clicking here.

6 comments:

Jay Allbritton said...

Let me tell you something my friend, people who put on film festivals are the finest people on God's Earth.

Maybe I'm overselling that, but I stand by it.

Dr. Zaius said...

Cool! They probably decided to screen their film for you after they heard that you are a movie star.

(Hollywood hint: Serve white wine, lattes and ridiculously small portions of unpronounceable and overpriced food.) ;o)

Elizabeth said...

Wow, who knew you were such a Monkey Muck Mucky Muck. I'm impressed!

MC said...

See, if it wasn't for the less than an hour thing, I could have recommended some docs under 90 minutes.

Fran said...

Rock on Monkey film-meister, how cool are you?

(the answer by the way is very fecking cool...)

Mel said...

Hope I get a chance to see it too.