Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Setting them straight

When I saw the above picture of that billboard (I blacked out their website address because I will not give them any more publicity than I have to.) on Think Progress it sickened me that someone would be stupid enough to try to tie Democrats to 9/11 when after all Bush Jr was President and he'd been warned that Bin Laden was determined to attack America sooner or later and he and Condi and the rest of his gang of thugs dismissed that bit of intelligence so they could take us into war with Iraq for no other reason than letting the big western oil companies control the oil in Iraq. I shook my head when I saw this and I decided to let it go. Then a few moments ago I saw this story on Crooks & Liars and it had a link to a website where you can read the lyrics of the guy who paid for this billboard's song. After I read the insipid lyrics, which claim the Constitution is under attack from liberals and that we need to just sit back and let our soldiers "win the war," I saw where you can email the guy who wrote this piece of crap so I sent him this email:

The Constitution is under attack...from the right wing. Bush and his buddies in the Congress have shredded the fourth amendment and your president, and he sure as hell is yours and not mine because my President would never ever lie to the American people to take us into a war for oil, has taken powers from both the Supreme Court and from Congress that he should never have done.

And your use of the Twin Towers bombings, which I'd like to remind you took place under a Republican president who was warned by a Democratic one that it was going to happen and yet Bush and Condi did nothing, to make money is sickening. You sir are a ghoul who deserves nothing but scorn and derision. (Sorry if I used too many big words in my email to you, I am after all an intellectual elitist Liberal.)

This is America and we still have some freedom of speech, the Republicans have not said we need to give that up in the never ending war on terror yet, so you are free to spread your misinformation. And by the same token I'm free to put this email and and reply you may send me on my blog for the whole world to see.
Have no fear though, life under President Obama will be much safer than it is under Bush Jr. After all he'll be bringing our men and women home and they once they get home the terrorism against them will be ceased.

Sincerely,
Dr. Monkey
********
If they send a reply I'll be sure to post it here for all of you to see and laugh at. However, if they are like my cowardly Republican Congressman and US Senators, they won't have the balls to reply because they are too frightened of the facts.

6 comments:

D. Prince said...

Utterly sickening.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, that billboard is so far off the mark, it defies description.

I love what you wrote. You always say what I'm thinking.

dguzman said...

Way to speak truth to this idiot, Dr. Monkey. I'm amazed that such clueless individuals still exist, in the face of EVERYTHING that's come out about this corrupt fascist regime that is BushCo. Some people will believe anything if it means they don't have to think for themselves.

Spirula said...

I guess he's afraid the guy responsible for the 9/11 attacks will be released from prison if a democrat is elected.

Oh wait...I forgot, he's still out there. 7 years later.

(Fuckin' FL crackers. Makes me think there's actually a significant population of undiagnosed anencephalics roaming the state.)

Mnmom said...

His billboard just demonstrates how effective the neocon propaganda machine truly is. They are unfortunately very very good at twisting the minds of simple people to believe their simpleton lies.

People don't want facts. They want everything boxed up in easy-reader images and tag lines. They want sound bites. They want condensed news. They want coloring book pages, not in depth analysis.

He won't even read your email because he won't be able to understand it. But linking the image of the Twin Towers to anyone who looks remotely Arab, or to the word LIBERAL is something he can sink his teeth into. I doubt he even understands the difference between Iraq, Iran, and Saudi Arabia. His leader didn't even KNOW there were Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims!!!

Little Merry Sunshine said...

OMG! I had no idea that CNN's American Morning program gets their story ideas from Dr. Monkey! WOW!

They interviewed this bozo (the guy who put up the billboard) this morning on their show and there's a story about it on CNN.com right now.

Congratulations Dr. Monkey! I knew you were powerful, but I didn't know you could influence national news within a matter of hours. I'm impressed and bow down to your greatness.